Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Sunday, November 11, 2012

What would I do without Hallie?

I can't go another second without talking about my last born.  She shocked me at 37, by making me a mom (WAY past my prime), and she is a joy and a treat, and I am always so very proud of her.  

This has been tough for her.  

She was all in at first.  Talking about it, anticipating it, thinking about being a servant, and listening to the call. She was all in and willing to go just a tiny bit extra.  

And then they arrived.  

Lovely likes to stir things up.  She is used to chaos and she doesn't get any satisfaction from me, because I won't play her reindeer games, but she does get a rise out of Hallie.   And Lovely has NO filter, and isn't kind in her words, and doesn't have social graces or sometimes, manners, at all.  So when she launches an attack, look out, because it's going to get ugly in a hurry.

And Hal can give as good as she can get.   I look at them, and think, "Whoa, they've become sisters fast", but Hallie just looks at her, and thinks  "I can give you back anytime."

So, I need EVERYONE and I do mean EVERYONE, to pray for my sweet Hallie.  Her heart is large, but her patience is small, and if fostering does anything, it teaches one patience.  

She is amazing with LB, because he is a new, fun toy, but I'm afraid Lovely rings too many bully bells, and it's not fun around here, when the gloves come off.  

I'm on a balancing act of a lifetime here, being kind to the new kids, but being fair to the kids that own my heart.  

Prayers, please.


No comments:

Post a Comment