Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, November 19, 2012

Mondays and A's

I officially started my job last Friday.  I didn't get much accomplished except to get acclimated and to eat the fantastic Thanksgiving meal they had for their employees.

It was great.

I had major palpitations over the weekend, vacillating between panic and hyperventilation, over the new commission job.  I would panic, then pray, calm.   Take back the wheel, and PANIC, Pray...calm.  It was muy exhausting.

How many times do you do that?  Give it up to God, then decide you haven't dwelled on it enough, and take it back and dwell on it some more?

I am soooo guilty of that.  And boy, did I run with the ball this weekend, worry, and panic, worry and panic. So I got to work, and started right in, calling and getting no where.

Hello, sales and Thanksgiving week.  Great timing.

Then at 4:00, a 95 year old woman walked into the funeral home and bought a funeral from me.  She was about as delightful as it gets in this world.  She was a retired piano teacher, and think about when she went to college, as a 95 year old, and she went to 3 states and got her masters degree.

She was a rock star.  She was beautiful, organized, sharp as a tack, and just a little dim in the eyes.  But she captivated me, and made me remember why I LOVE to write prearranged funerals.  Because it's the right thing to do for your family.  It's the final love note you can give them.

We visited, and she said, "Well, I can just TRUST you, can't I?  You aren't going to steer me wrong, or give me anything I don't need, are you?"  And I told her, "No, ma'am, I am not.  You are in good hands with me."  With that said, she declared,  "I believe I am".

Sigh.

Do you see how good God is?  I may only make about a quarter on that sale, but I made a million dollars in why I do what I do.

I can show God's love and goodness and care, in every single visit I make, to every single family.

And there is not enough money in the world to be more important that that.

And my lovelies, proudly showed me A's on their homework and papers from school tonight.  I'm thinking, from their over the top excitement, that this isn't a very everyday thing for them, so we had a major celebration, like eating Lucky Charms without milk, kind of celebration.  It was huge.

Change can be a very scary thing.  But if you just hand God the wheel, trust Him in all things, and do your VERY VERY best at everything you do, you will not Fail.





No comments:

Post a Comment