Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The way things Work

This has been one of those "Wow" moment days.

Kids did great.  First time since she's been here, lovely just got up with no problems and did the dang thang all day.  Kids doing fantastic.

This one is about me.

You might (or might not) know that I sold funeral prearrangements for about 8 years.  I rocked that, and enjoyed it as well.   After Laynie died, and I had left the field for a few years... I let my insurance license lapse.  Something I said I would NEVER do.

Totally did it.

Considered getting it a couple of years ago, not to go back into preneed but just to have for other stuff.  Never could get past the whole "Test" thing.  Didn't want to have to face that again.  (I have a fear of testing, called, "stupidity")  SOOOOO, needless to say, I put it off.

I love my job.  I love the clients where I work, I love the mission of the non-profit, I love my supervisor, I love my coworkers, I just love love love it.

So when I got a call from a former company I had worked for back in the funeral days, I considered it for a second, and kind of blew it off.

Until I read my bible that evening of the call.  I always just pray and then open the bible, it's amazing to me how what I need is given to me.  And that night, it chilled me.  I randomly turned to Ecclesiastes 7 and verse 2 read  ..

"It is better to spend your time at funerals than at festivals.  For you ARE going to die, and you should think about it while there is still time."  

For.the.everlovin' love.

It gets better...

"Sorrow is better than laughter, for sadness has a refining influence on us.  A wise person thinks much about death, while the fool thinks only about having a good time now."

Well, when a door is thrown open in your face, you best not ignore it.  So, I agreed to an interview, and told them I would study and take the test, and see what happens.

I passed without even throwing up.

I had to give notice at my loving workplace, but even in that there isn't sorrow, because I've made longterm friends there.

I'm leaving a salaried position to chase a commission position.  Those of you that have ever worked commission know that is WHOA, scary.  But I know how good I am (I put the "Fun" in Funeral) and I will do fine....

I worked purposely to the 15th, because I thought I was a check behind, but alas, I found out today that I am not.  So I will not be getting a check on the 30th of this month, because...well...there's that stupidity thing again.

So I'm talking to Lacey on the way home from work, and she reminds me that I am the one that just yesterday typed about BLIND FAITH, and WALKING WITHOUT WORRY, and WHY do I let SATAN destroy my faith?  (Man, she's my kid)  and at that precise moment my favorite song in the world (right now) came on...


And I just cried and drove and sang with my hands in the air (which terrified the drivers around me) but I knew that MY GOD is greater than My WORRIES.

So it wasn't any shock to me when my new manager to be texted me and told me that I had better get ready because I have so many leads WAITING for me, that I would never stop being busy for awhile.  I just raised my hands and sang....

"My God Never Fails, He Never Gives Up, He NEVER runs out on me"

That's why I like walking the narrow path.  Faith, Overwhelming Peace, and Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment