Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Thursday, November 29, 2012

The secret....

The secret of having it all....is believing you do.

This morning as I was doing my Morning 500 (aka kid drop off) the lovelies always beg for KLOVE for their morning cheer song.

Zig Zigler came on the radio, and my heart was sad that we lost such a wonderful, positive light yesterday.  I had the great opportunity to hear him, and he was just the most fascinating, uplifting motivator of our generation.

He was talking about gratitude, and how when it is absent, the heart isn't at peace.  It's only when you are gracious and thankful, that you can find real peace.

It's true.

I chased happiness for years.  I bought shoes, I bought music, I looked for happiness everywhere but where it was.  And I was NEVER content with what I had.  I wanted a different car, more clothes, a bigger house, a happier life, a cooler dog, the latest fashions....It was never enough.  And the more I bought, the less happy I was.    I searched all through life to find happiness in STUFF, and it only made me less satisfied.  I was never happy.

I went to church through all this.  I thought I was a good christian.  But I was just a church goer.  I wasn't a Jesus Freak.  It was only when I finally lost everything I thought was important, did I find out what REALLY was.

God.  Family.  Children.  Praying.  and most of ... satisfaction with what I had, and giving up the "need to have more".   It was so freeing, and WEIRD.

I have the least I have ever had in my adult life, as far as material wants, and I am the most at peace, and happy than I have ever been.  I am more generous, and sooooo grateful for all the little things that most people miss.

It's because of a little something that showed up and showed me that life is more than stuff, it's about love and faith.

And that....has made all the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment