Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

For God So Loved the World

I have been resonating with John 3:16 lately.  It's been my go-to verse for my whole life.  It was the first scripture I memorized, and I've quoted it my whole life, and never fully understood the power of the words until recently.

I remember when I was 6 and my brother was 9 and we were spending the summer with my grandma and grandpa, being road warriors in their trailer, while mom finished up her schooling, we were both homesick as mules.  Brian was going to run away, and find his way back to Shawnee, America, and I remember passionately crying to him saying, "But Bubba, GOD SO LOVED the world, That he GAVE HIS only begotten SON, that whosoever BELIEVETH in HIM, should NOT PERISH, but have EVERLASTING life!"  in my best preacher, going straight to heaven voice.   He looked at me and said,  "WHAT?"  seeing how that had nothing in the world to do with his plight at the moment...but for the sake of this memory, I've been passionate about this verse my whole life.


Dameon Aranda sings this at church and sorry, Phil Wickham, but he blows you out of the water.  This Ziyu Lu character that makes these videos is worth a you tube google.  He has some great videos of some of my favorite songs with powerful verses, and I'm seriously impressed with him.  or her.  (Pardon)

But I love this verse.  I'm still buzzing from the service at Lifechurch this week  If you want to be blown away by some powerful words....

Steven Furtick- Because of You  Go watch this.   WOW.

He doesn't understand why we aren't passionate about telling people about Christ.  I'm hear to tell you, John 3:16 is where it is AT.    (And I don't even care if that participle is dangling)

People don't understand that it's easy as John 3:16.

And it's as hard as John 3:16.

God Loved us SO much.  That he sent his ONLY son.  (think about your precious child).  That WHOEVER believes in Him.... (not ignores Him, not ho hums about it, not hit and misses about Him, but truly BELIEVES in Him).....will NOT perish, but have everlasting life.  

I don't know about you, but after losing some of the people I love the most in this world to death....I want to make sure I don't perish, and that I have everlasting life...with them....and with a father who loves me more than I can even comprehend.   That's exciting stuff.

So how do I do that?  I seek Him.  I think on Him everyday.  I yearn for a relationship with God.  I seek Godly friends.  I listen to worship songs on the radio.  I write blogs about God in my head, all day.  I try to shine Love where there is none.... and that is hard to do.   Have you ever tried to keep a candle lit outside in a windstorm?  That's trying to be a light in a sinful world.

But GOD SO LOVED THIS WORLD, that He willingly and knowingly sent his ONLY BELOVED son, to die on a cross for us hopeless sinners.

And this I believe..... do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment