Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, November 12, 2012

In a New York Minute...

You know that Don Henley song that goes,  "In a New York Minute...everything can change?"  It is so true.

Lacey was reading back on my blogs from Labor Day weekend, and I was giving the boys respite care at my house.  We were all having fun, and I was sharing about our weekend, and blogging about all the things we were going to do, and then, in a New York Minute...everything changed.

Got the phone call from my cousin that Austin had drowned. 

Lacey and I were reflecting on that, and how arrogant we all are, in thinking that we can plan our lives, and know what is going to happen in the future.  We've been studying the End of times at church, and, I'm telling you, everyone should live intentional.

Chaurley (Hallie's sister) was driving home from work on November 1, and was hit head on by a drunk driver. She had angels surrounding her car that night.   She is bruised, broken and banged up, but she is still here.  I am so thankful and so humbled by God's grace and protection.

Everyone keeps telling me, "Oh you're so amazing".  Oh, no, I'm  sooo  not.  I'm a scared, over-my-head, ridiculous mess, that just loves the Lord, and wants to do "more" than just be another date on my headstone.  I hope that people reading these find comfort and understand that ANYONE can have a relationship with God.   It doesn't matter where you've come from, or the mistakes you've made. 

He is Faithful, and when you give your life over and walk with Him....it's easier and different. 

Life is a gift. Love is the bonus.  Live intentional, and forgive easily.  All the rest is gravy. 

Hallie & Austin in August

Chaurley and Hallie

Don't take life for granted.  Because everything can change in a New york Minute.    


No comments:

Post a Comment