Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Netflix and Avatar

I have Netflix.

I gave up cable a few months back, and to keep Hallie pacified on the need to have zillions of shows at your disposal, I opted for $7.99 a month Netflix through our Wii.

It's been exceptional.

I watched Friday Night Lights, Prison Break and All 5 seasons of Grey's Anatomy is quick succession, and after you've "Net-flixed" through a series, it seems silly to wait a week to have to watch a stupid tv show.

We are spoiled rotten turd muffins.

Anyway, LB and Lovely were flipping through my 8 channels, and all the sudden the "Mansion" lost it's appeal.  So, I introduced them to Netflix.

Oh, boy.

After thrilling over finding Ally McBeal, and Wonder Years, it didn't occur to me that there is like 2 and one half million episodes of Japanimation crappage, that of course, little Vietnamese Children, would LOVE.

So, I have been introduced to Avatar.  It's a weird experience.  I see Chinese people on the screen, and they have hick California voices.  A few episodes ago, there were even redneck ninjas, talking in a hick accent.

It freaks me out.

I loathe it.  Beyond loathing.  Takes me back to Barney days.  And maybe even Teletubbies.  Yep, it's bad.

But, the lovelies like it.  It makes them all kind of happy.

I tried Hannah Montana.  I tried Phineas and Pherb.  I tried.

I did.  And when I tell them it freaks me out, they tell me, "You freak ME out".  I believe that.  So we watch Avatar and some show named Naruto, spoken in Chinese with subtitles.

Needless to saw, now I dream of a chinese kid with an arrow on his head talking in valley speak. Or everything is subtitled.   Neat-o.

I'm learning all kinds of fun things being a foster mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment