Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Small boy children and misplaced Printers

I donate a ton of stuff to the local Outreach Thrift Store, mainly because they have a donation box right across the street.


Blame it on the show, Hoarders.  I use that particular box a ton.   You won't find me buried in my house, under walmart sacks and empty cheeto bags.   No sir.

This past Sunday, I had worked through some stuff and had several bags in the garage to take to the handy dandy bin.  All nice and neat in sacks.  Ready to go. No sweat.

I stuck it all in the back of my SUV and didn't think another thing about it.

Oh yes, I noticed the box in the back with my brand new, never been opened, work printer in there, but I knew it was for work...wouldn't everyone?

You have to understand how crazy it is at my house.  There are extra mouths, extra hairbrushes, extra underwear, homework to be done every second, second languages being spoken, new routines being made, you get the point??  In other words, things are madness.  But in a fun way.

I do everything fast.  Lightning speed.   So, when I remembered the bags of goodies in the back, I rolled up to our handy dandy bin and told the kids, "Unload the back".....With happy shouts, they did just that.

Oopsy, my bad.

I totally forgot that I had a work printer in there with all the donate treasures.

I didn't think about it until this morning, when I went to open the box to see what I needed to make that puppy work.

Wasn't there.

Anywhere.

What the....

Then I remembered, like a Vietnam flashback, all the happy voices, throwing that crap in the bin on Sunday. OH NO!

As I raced over to it, I'm thinking that a certain 7 year old Vietnamese boy would probably let me ease him down by his ankles into the bin and fish that puppy out of there.  I asked him, and he was on board, "I DO that for YOU, LOLLY!"   with Lovely worriedly chiming in, "I'll get my mom to give you money and we'll buy a new one".....  geez.   I get there and assess the deposit "In" door.  It has a slant, and I'm thinking while the small boy will go in, it might be just a bit tricky unloading him after the snag of said printer.

He was still willling.  "I do it for you, Lolly!  I WANT to!"   He's my guy.

"Nope, buddy... I'd get you down there and couldn't get you out, and then I'd have to call the thrift store and say, "Hey, could you send someone over to open the door of the bin, to let my small boy out of the drop box for donations??  I totally didn't mean to give you the whole boy".   He laughed and laughed.

I'm pretty sure DHS would frown on that.

So, I took him to school and waited until the thrift store opened, and told them my dilemma.  The drop box dude went over, and totally found it and gave it back to me.   That's how great this world is.  I am so thankful today.

I think LB's going to be a bit disappointed I got it back without him having the adventure of hanging by his feet.  He was totally up for that.

We are here to entertain.  :) .


No comments:

Post a Comment