Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Long hours, Great benefits

This came from Lacey early this morning, and I just smiled because it is so true.....


"If you seek great things for yourself, "God has called me for this and for that", you barricade God from using you.  As long as you maintain your own personal interests and ambitions, you cannot be completely aligned or identified with God's interests.  This can only be accomplished by giving up all of your personal plans once and for all, and by allowing God to take you into His purpose for the world.  Your understanding of your ways must also be surrendered, because they are now the ways of the Lord.   I must learn that the purpose of my life belongs to God, not me.  God is using me from His great personal perspective, and all He asks of me is that I trust Him.   I should never say, "Lord, this has caused me such heartache."  To talk that way makes me a stumbling block.  When I stop telling God what I WANT, He can freely work His will in me without hindrance.  He can crush me, exalt me, or do anything else HE chooses.  He simply asks me to have absolute faith in Him and his goodness.  

(Oswald Chambers, 2010, 10/22), My Utmost for His Highest
Updated edition for Kindle, Discovery House Publishers



When everything seems uncertain, I just lean into Him.  Yesterday was bleak.  Meeting the parents, watching the dynamic.   It was just hard to take in.  

I've lived in a protective bubble my whole life.   That bubble popped when Lacey, Hallie and I went to Haiti and I saw first hand how lucky we are to have the things we do.  It all but disappeared at the parent visit yesterday.  

There is real suffering, and not from having a broken nail, or not getting the new Iphone 5.  It is happening all around us and all it takes is one small effort to make a difference and show God's love.  

My caseworker (who in my eyes is Hercules/ElasticGirl/and Superman) all in one petite package, not only did all the things for me she did this week, but is volunteering at the kid's shelter this weekend.  On the weekend, the shelters go over capacity (due to family problems escalating) and she feels she needs to help out.  This coming from the underpaid worker that works 50-60 hours a week, helping the unfortunate.  I used to skate through my 35 hour week, and feed the homeless on Thanksgiving weekend, and feel like I've done my part.  

God calls us for more than having all the latest gadgets.  He calls us to help widows and orphans, and I'm not ignoring that call.  It looks like I will be getting 3 year old brother in the near future.   I am not afraid, for God is a loving, good God, and I have a "MANSION".   

God doesn't call the equipped.....He equips the Called.    Will you let Him call you?

You will never find more peace... and the pay may not be terrific...but the benefits are outstanding.  




No comments:

Post a Comment