Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hope Rains...

Lovely woke up very unhappy this morning.  She knew she was going to school and she tried her old tricks, which thankfully, she knows now, aren't going to faze this old girl.

She dutifully got ready, not happy anywhere in sight, and I raced Hallie to school then back the other way, to attempt to get LB to school on time....We raced in and his teacher and counselor were waiting, and he was set.  I got a phone call from his resource teacher at lunch and she told me he was  "a bright light of sunshine" and he was a "Tiger".  I already knew all that.

I had Lovely to myself about 30 minutes before we went to middle school to make her drop, so I got to go over the school's expectations, and of course, Lolly's.  She was remarkably docile, and I had my breath held and fingers crossed.

I'm so silly.

She walked in like she owned the joint, joked with the counselor (who hasn't seen her since the great melt-down), and we found out that her resource teacher had been a past teacher when she was younger.  Can you believe this???  Lovely felt immediate calm, and had a "buddy" assigned to her, that shares her same schedule, and, about the same IQ, and she didn't spare me a backwards glance as I skipped out of the school.  I kept expecting my phone to ring all day, but prayers were covering her, and when I got the "thumbs up" email from the counselor, who could NOT believe the difference in this kid, she couldn't help but comment that, "It is nothing short of a miracle that this kid is doing so well".

I prayed with both of them as we raced LB to school.  They both chimed in "Amen", and I knew it was going to be a good day.

I picked them up from their after school care, and the delight on their faces, and the skipping around me to the car, (Even from lovely) made Hallie and I laugh out loud.  They couldn't talk fast enough to tell us about their successful first days.  LB told me he "Ran like the wind" in his little crew shoes (which had me worried), and lovely told me even though her new friend that helped her find her classes, "wasn't pretty on the outside, he sure was pretty on the inside".

I am so proud of her.  She has zero filter.  She says what she thinks and isn't afraid to say ANYTHING.  She's very literal and takes everything you say at face value.  The other day, the dogs had ran out of water, and we were outside, and I made the comment, "I'm such a bad mom", and she piped up, "YOU BAD MOM?", and Lacey had to explain to her that it was just the way I talked.  Now, I really have to engage my thinking cap before I speak. She said that a couple of girls had told her she had a "Wig" on, and she was "Fat", and she told me that she said that, "You jealous of my nappy hair?" and the "I like to eat".   She was so animated, telling me about her day, I was captivated.  That sweet little face just talking, talking, talking.  Such a difference.  Covered in prayers.

I hear them in the other room, watching the presidential results with Hal, and I hear, "What happening with O'Romney" and my heart is happy tonight.

The thing about prayers.  You can ask and ask for something, and the deal is, it's all about faith.  Faith that God will deliver.  Doors open, and you just walk through them.  You don't question, you don't be scared, you walk in blind faith, and obedience and His will and His path for you is shown clearly.

I took my own path my whole life.  Took the wide path, with a lot of other wide path followers....and I never found peace and happiness.  Now I've taken the narrow path, the path that few will choose, and though there are some rocky moments, that path never fails.   That path is freedom.  Freedom from worry, freedom from guilt, freedom from burden.....

Hope rains and reigns in this home.....




No comments:

Post a Comment