Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Friday, November 9, 2012

One big puzzle

Lately, I have been getting asked this question a ton, "So, how long are you going to have your lovelies?"

The answer is....I don't think about it.  Really.

If I were to think that this situation will last a couple of weeks, a couple of months, a couple of years, it would probably be too overwhelming to wrap my mind around.

It's just like Laynie.  We never projected out.  We lived right in the minute and didn't allow ourselves to jump forward and think like that.

It's just too big and too complex to wrap my head around.

At church, Craig said that in our earthly bodies that we couldn't be able to be in the presence of God because he was too much for our minds to understand.  I think that is how most everything is for me.  It's all too much for my mind to understand.  :)

Like yesterday for instance,  I was so tired and worn out from not sleeping, that I got overwhelmed and let doubt creep in.  WHY am I doing this?  HOW do I face these parents tomorrow?  WHAT was I thinking?  HOW LONG is this going to last?   And then, all the sudden, the enemy is in the front seat with me, and dang near driving my car.

Oh, hell, no, Satan.  You have no business here.

So, I got rest, and I'm thinking clearly this morning.  BUT, it didn't mean I didn't falter last night.

I was short with lovely because she talks to her mom on the phone for hours at night.  Because they are limited to one phone call a day, they push that boundary and talk and talk.  I was over it last night.   That was the enemy working to cause chaos in my head.

If I was separated from my kids, I'd do ANYTHING to figure out a way to talk to them.  So, I'm not going there.

And it's not just about fostering, it's about LIFE.   Life is one gigantic puzzle.  You have work pieces, and friend pieces, and kid pieces, and relationship pieces, and family pieces, and difficult pieces and pieces that are even lost.  

It's all about doing that puzzle one piece at a time, and knowing that you're doing the best you can do with each piece.  It's not easy, and sometimes you spend hours on ONE AREA of the puzzle, and you work and you work, but when it's done, you look at it, and say,  "Dang, that was worth it".

But it's a challenge, and the best part is, if you have God on your side and He's navigating you through the pieces and putting them and YOU where He has you planned, that puzzle is far easier to navigate.

One piece at a time, people.   Don't get overwhelmed looking at the whole puzzle..... take it one piece at a time.  And pray over each piece.  

Isn't life amazing?


No comments:

Post a Comment