Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bad dreams and Good grades

Last night, Hallie & I were settling in when I heard a loud sound from the kids room, and what sounded like a cry. Hallie and I collided outside our doors in the hall, as we sprinted toward LB's room, and when I hit his door, LB was running out of the room crying and yelling.  I grabbed him and hugged him and he just punched at me.  I called his name, and when he looked at me, his eyes were dark black...the blackest I had ever seen them, and he was just freaked out.  "Don't touch me, leave me alone"...

As I pulled him in for hug and called his name over and over, he started crying, and my heart just broke in two.

What terrible things have these children endured to have this kind of trouble ?  We all cherish our children to the point of entitlement and generosity, and then there are these children, that are just thankful for new socks.

It just kills my heart.

I talked him back in to his room, him sobbing over something so dark in his mind, I couldn't see it, and I laid my hand on his head and prayed over him.  He fell back to sleep, and when I talked to him this morning, he didn't remember a thing.

Are you kidding me?????   I think I'm going to have to take up kickboxing to relieve inner anger.  What in the world?  After getting to know this little ray of sunshine, he is so engraved in my heart, I can't even imagine anything EVER happening to him, that I wouldn't take a bullet for.  It's just that powerful.

His teacher called me last night and told me he had the most perfect penmanship she has ever seen in 3rd grade, and what a joy he was to have in class.  (duh).

I looked him and his sister up on my parent portal from their schools, and imagine my delight and surprise when their grades reflected ALL A'S!   Every.single.stinking.class.even.English.

That's just good teachers.  I take no credit.  I do make LB slow down and speak in full sentences (he liked to word bomb you to get his point across, and I'd just sit there and smile at him trying to figure out what in the world of america he was saying), and to his credit, he has really started comprehending what he is trying to say and spit out.

He can't speak TH...he says  "D", so Thunder is Dunder....and tonight, Lacey took Grammie to see the "Dunder" and I'm still snickering over his.... "Ooh, dey going to DUNDER up, Lolly"....

This roller coaster is overwhelming at times, and heartbreaking, and oh, so very awesome.


1 comment:

  1. Your posts always bring tears to my eyes and joy to my heart knowing one, that there are people in this world that are awesome like you and Hallie. Two, your the most comical and devoted person I have ever met! Keep up God's work Lolly. You inspire us all and you are in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete