Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, December 31, 2012

Snot, more Snot, and Counseling

Lovely got up sick yesterday, and I took her to the Doc in the Box around the corner, and he declared her with the meanest throat he had seen.  She was feeling so lousy, I felt so bad for her.Mean old crappy strep.

Hallie is sick ALL the time, and I can never get her well.  It's just the way we roll around here.

I think I need to take stock out in Kleenex products.  Between the toilet paper and the kleenex we roll through, that company will never have a Hostess departure.

We're all feeling better today and have spent the last 24 hours, watching movies and trying to get better.

Frankly, I'm ready for school to start.  All those homeschool moms out there, I salute you.... I'm a PROUD public school mama, and I am NOT afraid to say it.

This togetherness is wearing on my sore throat.  (yep, I'm getting one...guilty by association, I'm sure).

But in the midst of the nose blowing, our counselor came to visit us today.

She didn't know we were famous.

It took the Lovelies about 12 seconds to inform her that we are.  LB went first, and he visited with her, then Lovely had her turn, and then joy of all joy, it was mine.

I informed her that I counsel by blogging.  She laughed and said "That's a good way."

She has no idea.

She also told me that she is so proud of us.  And that all the reports she has read about these kids had her expecting far different kids.  She also told me that Lovely informed her that they were staying with me until they couldn't stay no more, and NO ONE was taking them away.

Who knew my first fosters would be my last?

I'm down with that.

So are they.....My favorite thing the counselor said,  "We aren't allowed to talk about higher powers with the kids (HIGHER POWERS, are you kidding me?), but it is quite evident that you have one ruling in this house. And the kids are comforted by that, beyond anything else."  

Well, Hello, So is their Lolly. Even while blowing my nose every 2.5 seconds.

God is good, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment