Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Like a Child

On the way to church today, Big Sis asked me a bunch of questions about our church and how we believe, and then Lovely stated, "I never been baptized, I sure want to do that". 

I asked her the questions and even Big Sis said, "Oh, I want to get baptized, too". 

So, it looks like at the next baptism, two more sisters in Christ will be entering the fold.

Big Sis LOVED church.  LOVED maybe isn't a strong enough word.  She almost word for word talked to me about the message (I love this most about my church, you just GET it) and said how much it meant to her. 

I recall the first time I met her, the day that Lovely had been screaming at me ALL day, and the caseworker brought in the big guns, in the form of Big Sis, to tell her to calm down and to cease and desist the screaming.

That day, Big Sis confessed to me that if she wouldn't go to hell, she would kill herself.  I told her that that could never be an option for her, because God is forever with her, and today...at church......Craig Groeschel backed me up on that. 

She told me on the way home, that she knew no matter what ever happened going forward, that she would NEVER be alone, that God would always be with her. 

It overwhelms me that my stories, or what I refer to as My Therapy (writing saves me), speaks to you guys.  If just one person can feel different, and see life a bit differently, then all this chaos, I call my life, is worth it.   And I feel it. 

Today, my friend, Cindy N., walked up to me at church, and tears just welled up in her eyes,  "Just looking at you makes me cry". 

Well, I don't want all of you to cry when you see me, but know this....Your appreciation and your words, keep me level and sane in this chaotic way of life, that God has called me to.

I'm not going to quit writing, and at some point, I will probably have enough to have a book.  But I don't have the first idea of how to do that... (I'm still carrying Laynie's book in my pocket on a disc, not knowing what to do with it), so I will keep doing my therapy in the form of this blog.  And you can keep reading, and if you like it, tell your friends, and maybe they will tell their friends, and so on and so forth, and then I won't have to write a book, I'll just write in this little box, and we can all figure out this crazy walk together.

I appreciate your words, your hugs, your love and most of all, I appreciate God for giving me the ability and the boldness to share all of it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment