Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Thursday, December 6, 2012

What if today were your last day?

Boy, am I rested this morning!  I heard one noise about 4:30 (totally ignored it, being the great mom that I am), and drifted back into conversation with God (that's when he normally has my full attention).  

I prayed for everyone's happiness, continued peace, bio mom and dad, and then it occurred to me, that I didn't start my prayer with Thank You's.

I've been so tired, I just want Help.  And when you focus on YOURSELF, all the sudden, life can skid downhill into Crap Factory status.  

I talked with a couple yesterday, helping them with their funerals, and she didn't believe in eternity.  She says she's a Christian, but she has issues with "God".  "He doesn't listen to me, I put a prayer up into a complete void"    "He could have stepped in at any time and saved the outcome of .........., and He chose not to"

Well.  

Last I heard, God wasn't the Good Ship Lollipop.  

I've said this before, that I truly believe we are  born with our "Last Day" imprinted on us.  And we don't know when that Last Day is.  It's up to us, to live intentionally, and be real and present TODAY, while the getting is good.  

I don't believe that God is this big Judge Judy character sitting in heaven, going, "Oh, look at you screw up, BAM, I'm taking your job"....or, "Oh, I'm giving you cancer".

Just as I took comfort in Psalms 139 before Laynie was born,  "I knitted you in your mother's womb, I knew you before you were even known to your parents.. I know every hair on your head"... I knew God had her plan, and He would deliver it perfectly.

Whether you are granted 10 minutes on earth, 10 years on earth, 100 years on earth...It's up to you, to make it count.  And walk the walk.  

The Mayan calendar says we are all toast in a few days, right?  What if that were true (which I don't believe it to be)

Would you be bold today?  Would you tell someone you haven't seen a while that you love them?  Would you hug your kids extra long?  Would you take a "mental health" day and just relax from your crazy insane schedule?  Would you stay on your knees extra long to pray?  Would you start this day with Thanksgiving in your heart, because you were given today to love and do something worthwhile?

or would you despair that this is the last day, and worry and fret and take everyone down?

Live every day, like it's your last day, and don't Miss. A. Thing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment