Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My "Chazown"

For all you fellow Lifechurchers, you are totally going to get this blog.  For those of you not with Lifechurch, a) I'll try to make it understandable, and b) for the love of PETE, get to a lifechurch!

There is a book written by my pastor called, "Chazown".  It's a book designed to help you find and refine your spiritual gifts.  Now looking at it, you will want to say "Chaz" (like Cher Bono's daughter/son) and Own, like you "own" something.  

That would be wrong.   It's a CAW (sort of like those awful birds) and Zone....well, Like Zone.  CAW- ZONE.   Except with CAW, put a little spit in it and gargle it out when you are saying it.  CHAZOWN.   (You can do this)

I worked through the steps when it first came out, and I didn't get it.

I led my lifegroup through it about a year ago, and I still didn't get it.

It showed my gifts to be a) Hospitality, and b) Writing.

Well, the writing was a given.. I got that....I'd been writing about Laynie, so that made sense to me, but the Hospitality???

Should I give more Pampered Chef parties?   Start a bunco group?  Be a red-hatter...oh I'm sorry a Pink hatter??

I just didn't get it.  So, in all things that stump me, I  just set that aside in my mind, and kind of forgot about it.

Until this weekend, when they are encouraging the lifegroups to do the "Chazown Experience" and see what your gifts are....

Which got me to thinking....

Now what about that hospitality and writing thing????

And then,  DUH....Hello.   Anyone home??????

I do believe that I am running the best bed and breakfast in Norman right now, and cannot wait to get to my computer to write about it each and every day.

And in doing so, I have people writing on my wall, if I should miss a day,  "Uhm, hello, where's my daily dose?"   (You know who you are)....

In living my CHAZOWN  (God's plan for me, using the GIFTS that I have), I am reaching people.  Through my wild and crazy experiences, I am sharing God and His love for ALL of us, to well....US.

And I just wrote a blog about how blessed and incredible and how my life just doesn't make sense???

It's because, (and OH IT"S SO SIMPLE IT"S RIDICULOUS)...when you are living God's will and plan for your life....(wait for it)....  You Cannot Fail.

I'm smiling at the screen typing that, because it's so true.

Superman, move over.   I want a cape with a big ole "C" on it, because I'm living my CHAZOWN, and there is NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING, more satisfying.





No comments:

Post a Comment