Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Are you still into GIVING?

I talked with EG this morning (my caseworker, Elastic Girl, for those of you that are new) and she said that they are wanting to create a fun space within the building at DHS for the kids to have bio parent meetings.

I've been to one there,and it's not a great place.  There is plastic furniture and old worn out toys.  Bottom line.

EG (and you know how I love her, and think she rocks harder than anyone I know) thinks that we could take one of the spaces and do a MURAL on the wall, and get some fun kid-sized furniture and NEW TOYS and make that ridiculous space, more appealing to the kids.

Well, I know just the place to ask for these things.

Here.

Anyone want to draw a mural on the wall??  Anyone got TOYS (Good ones, please) that can make their way to this place and kid sized furniture, like bean bags and small chairs that these kids could have a safe fun haven, when having to have a not-so-great day?

Think about it, pray on it, and get in touch with me.  Most of you know how.  Let's do the dang thang.

It's all about giving.

2 comments:

  1. I love painting kids murials! If you can give me a picture or image of what you want- I can duplicate it- Dr. Seuss is my favorite to work with- but I've done all kinds-
    Jessie
    ilikecandy@danandjessie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. I will get in touch with you soon!

    ReplyDelete