Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Friday, December 14, 2012

Faith

Today on the way to school, Lovely and I had a good talk about Faith.  It was a bit surreal, because I had just read an entire book in the bible last night, all about Faith.

I always go into the Bible, with a question in my heart, and direction as the goal and wow, did last night shake me.

God's been directing me on something for a couple of days.  I'm still not ready to talk about it, because I'm trying to think on it, and understand the depth of what He is asking me.

I had Lovely's first IEP meeting today with all her teachers, and they were very complimentary of her.  The counselor still says she can't believe it, but I have to tell you, the kids have come a LONG way.

I cannot say ENOUGH, how overwhelmed I am at the level of compassion, you, my friends, have showered on this family this holiday season.  I could go on and on about stories of your fantastic-ness.  Yes, I make up words.  And there aren't enough words huge enough for the fullness of my heart.

Today, a senseless tragedy occurred in Connecticut.  It is beyond my comprehension how someone so unhinged would walk into a roomful of babies, and unload a gun on them, and his mother.  Before I started foster care, I wouldn't have been able to wrap my head around such evil.   Unfortunately, I've heard things and seen things that turn my stomach first hand, and am so much aware of the evils of this world.

I saw such unreal posts on Facebook today.

"How could God have allowed this violence".   "Where was God in all of this tragedy"

It still saddens me that some people out there think that God is the Good Ship Lollipop.  Evil is powerful, and the enemy's only goal in life is to make people screw up and do horrible, evil things.

Nothing about today was God.  The only part of this that is God, is the healing prayers being poured over this community.  I know it's going to be, beyond impossible for these parents to deal with this loss.  I'm overwhelmed by it, and I'm not even involved.

Tonight, as watched my kids gleefully open a sackful of goodies from a precious friend...full of cheetos, warm fuzzy blankets to wrap up in, and a Twilight calendar that had Lovely climbing ON THE CEILING, my heart was full and thankful.  I'm appreciating Christmas this year in a whole new light.  These kids don't even think a present will be for them, and find joy in EVERY single thing they are given.  It's very humbling, and healing, to have such Joy abundant in my home.

This morning Lovely informed me that some boy we saw walking by, was scared of birds.  I was like, "Birds??", and she said, "Yeah, you know, the kind that fly"  (as opposed to the ones that don't? I thought to myself), and when I said, "Well, everyone has weird crap they are scared of"...she thought on that a minute this morning and said,  "Not if they have Faif (faith), Laura, not if they have faif".

Tonight, as my heart breaks for Connecticut, I'm praying they all find and lean on their "faif".  It's worked for a lost little girl, I'm praying it works for them.

I can never say it enough.   God is Good, All the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment