Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, December 3, 2012

Loose teeth and Love ya's

I remember back when Hallie was about 5, she was sitting at the snack bar, trying to open a play-dough can with her teeth, (I know, I know) and all the sudden her bottom tooth popped out of her mouth on the counter, and I was all like,  "CRAP, I totally forgot she was going to have to lose all her teeth".   (I was a pretty old third time mom).

So, imagine my surprise, when LB meandered up to me yesterday, and said,  "Hey, Lolly, my tooth is pretty wiggly".  I put my finger on it, and it was ridiculous.  I told him that I knew just the man for the job...Grammie.

She has pulled everyone's teeth as far back as I can remember.  I'm pretty sure that she pulled all of my teeth, my brother's teeth, my friends teeth, my kid's teeth, their friends teeth, and any cousin's teeth that were here when they were loose.  She is magnificent in the tooth pulling department.

So I told LB that Gram could pull it, and he started backing up the tooth pulling train, "Oh, it not Hurt TOO bad, Lolly, I be all right".  I imparted the wisdom of pulling teeth and introduced him to the tooth fairy scenario, and he decided he was in.

We wandered over to Grammie's (Lovely in tow, you know NOTHING is going to happen without her present), and Gram proceeded to feel the tooth, and then tell him she needed to get a paper towel to get a better "Feel" for it.  (I totally knew what was coming, Him? Not so much)...

Gram gets the paper towel on the tooth, and repeats, "Let's see how loose that is", about 2 1/2 times, and by the 3rd "Let's see how loose..." LB was starting to melt, and next thing you know, he's holding his tooth.  He grinned so big, and was so proud, and he couldn't quit hugging Gram.  "You so good"   Then to me, "You take such good care of me"...

Well, yeah, buddy, that's my job.  And to my surprise, My priviledge.

He asked me as he was looking at his tooth, "You think the tooth fairy want this?" and I told him, "Well, it depends on if she is short on Vietnamese teeth"... (code for:  If I can stay awake long enough, and have memory to do it)...

He just beamed and proudly carried his tooth home in the empty pill bottle gram secured for him to display the tooth.

Now, Lovely is checking all her teeth to see if she can make some quick cash too.  I have to remind them this only works on Baby teeth.  Last thing I need is for them to start loosening permanent teeth.

As he was leaving gram's house, he threw over his shoulder, "Love ya". to Grammie, and I have to tell you...there isn't a sweeter kid than that one.

He's a keeper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment