Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Simply the best story

I got a bunch of great "Giving Stories" yesterday.  My message box floweth over, as did my heart.

But there was one...

WOW.



First off, isn't she the cutest thing ever???  I've known Keely since she was a kid back in MWC at Midwest City Community Church of the Nazarene.  She was the "older" kid in the youth group with Lacey & Kip.  She babysat Hallie for me back in the day, so that might give you an indicator how old she is.  :)

She messaged me late last night, and it was MAGIC.

I'm just going to copy and paste because it's perfection.

So I NEVER wake up before 10 am. Just not a morning person. But today out of no where I was up and on FB about 830. Odd. Saw your post about paying it forward. I thought I've got a crap ton of stuff today (THIS IS WHY I LOVE HER, BTW, "CRAP TON")   so I'm sure I can find someone, somewhere. Nada. Not a dang person. For whatever reason nothing spoke to me. My fiancé, a pilot, who is out of town on a trip called me a while ago and gave me horrible news about his best friend. So I did what any normal person would do, go to Braums. Totally not thinking about helping anyone. I needed a sundae STAT. Ordered my sundae got up to pay for it and the little old slow lady that was making me want my ice cream more had paid for my ice cream. Of course there was no one behind me either. And I literally only had a $50 in my wallet. What to do??? In a moment of complete insanity I gave my brand new $50 bill to the tired looking woman working at the register and said "Merry Christmas."   She started crying, I wanted to, and slurred through her tears that she was late on her rent and didn't know what to do all she needed was $50. Then I cried. And prayed with her. God is good. Thank you for your challenge.

Well, Can I hear an AMEN?

That.is.what.I'm.talking.about.



No comments:

Post a Comment