Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Thursday, December 27, 2012

"I think we're famous"

My lovelies were so jazzed out their faces today, when I told them that Channel 9 had contacted me about doing a story on us.

"We FAMOUS?" they proclaimed as they danced around me.  "Well, I THINK so."  I told them.

They just escalated to near mania before the reporter got here.

Then this beautiful woman walked in, (Lovely says, "She so bittiful") with her fun camera man, and Lovely just went into overdrive with charisma.  I'm pretty sure that Lisa Monahan won't be the same.


I know Lovely won't be.  She is still starstruck.

"We know a superstar."    She had her sign one of our grocery list sheets.  (We have the best stuff around here).

It was a fun experience.  I'm a bit of a dork with the gracefulness of a swan (sarcasm) thrown in, so it's always a crap shoot what might come out of my mouth  (see, like that?).

I'm very grateful for excellent editing, perfect lighting, and the game "Go Fish".

I'm also thankful to Brad Gragert, for reading my blog and telling his friend, that works at Channel 9, who wanted me for the morning show and got vetoed for the 6:00 news.   Who Knew?

Of course, I have two million things I wish I would have said.

BUT, the thing I did want to say is that God is faithful, and He rewards those doing His will in their life.  He is amazingly faithful, even in the hardest of circumstances.

And I really, truly am thankful for the editing team, they actually made me sound pretty good.  And wasn't that a nice sweater that Lacey got me for Christmas??

Secret Santa Makes Special Delivery To Norman Foster Mom - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |
(Here's the link for Aunt Nancy, and Aunt Angie, the only two people in the world who don't have facebook).  Love you!~

What Would Life Be Like if Jesus shined through You and Me??





3 comments:

  1. I was so happy to see your news story posted on facebook yesterday! We are foster parents to 7 in OK and also received a mystery gift of money on our porch a week before Christmas. God is so good and what a blessing that you got to share your heart and God's calling on your life to so many!!! -Elizabeth Pedigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! That is so cool that you got money too! Someone out there is sure watching out for us!
    Blessings to you! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgive me if you get this message 3 times as the previous 2 times I hit post it completely disappeared!

    Don't know how I came upon your blog at 3am as my insomnia caught up to me this am but I have cried over everyday since November 1 (seemed like a good day to start). Yours words/thoughts/actions all inspire/move/touch me deeply. I have a 14yo daughter who has WAY too much - I would love to share with your Lovely if they are close to same size and likes (teens/pre-teens can be picky). I would also like to know how or what I can do to help you or others like you.

    ReplyDelete