Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, December 10, 2012

Kleenex Round Two

I was laying in bed last night, and I clicked on my phone to read through my Facebook, and a "New Post from Lacey Payne" popped up.

I don't ever tell you enough how proud I am of this young lady.  She keeps me moving forward, she encourages me daily, she is my hero, she is my constant source of strength.  I have amazing daughters, and my oldest daughter just really is amazing.

I went to the Norman Kiwanis meeting, and introduced myself and told them I was Lacey's mom (she handles all the Kiwanis clubs at her job) and they all freaked out!  Remembered her story (been over a year), knew Laynie, the whole nine yards.

This girl is awesome, and her story.....well.....read and see her heart for yourself.


Hey friends. Laynie's Mama here. I'm sorry that Lolly and I haven't posted on this page much lately. My apologies. God has really been speaking to me the last few weeks and tonight I have an overwhelming conviction that it's time to share my heart with you.  Sorry this is kinda long, but it's been brewing in me for awhile now! :)

Throughout our journey with Laynie, Lolly has generally been the one to keep you all informed. Writing comes so naturally for her and she describes things so wonderfully that I usually leave the writing up to her.  I'm better at writing a journal for myself to process through my feelings because being vulnerable on Facebook has always been hard for me.  But God is telling me that some of you need to hear my heart this time, so here it goes...

Have you ever heard the song, "Never Once" by Matt Redman? We sang it during worship at church a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it! Here are some of the lyrics:

Standing on this mountaintop,
looking just how far we've come,
knowing that for every step,
You were with us.

Kneeling on this battleground,
seeing just how much you've done,
knowing every victory,
was Your power in us.

Scars and struggles on the way,
but with joy our hearts can say,
yes, our hearts can say

Never once did we ever walk alone.
Never once did you leave us on our own.
You are faithful, God, You are faithful.
....
Scars and struggles on the way,
but with joy our hearts can say
Never once did we ever walk alone.
Carried by Your constant grace,
held within Your perfect peace.
Never once, no, we never walk alone.

Every step we are breathing in Your grace.
Evermore we'll be breathing out Your praise.
You are faithful, God, You are faithful.
You are faithful, God, You are faithful.

Oh how I love these lyrics! The picture it paints of being on the battleground with the Lord, after the fight (whatever fight that may be), and seeing that through it all, God was faithful and never left our side.  We may have battle wounds...broken hearts from death or divorce, physical scars from accidents, surgeries, or treatments...but we can come through the battle with peace and assurance that through anything in life, God never left our side.  "But with JOY our hearts can say, NEVER ONCE did we ever walk alone."

This promise has guided me through the last five years of my life. No matter what happens to me, God will be there to help me through it.  A constant sense of comfort and peace in a very inconsistent and changing world.  What a blessing this promise is to all of us!

"And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

I think this verse is often quoted to people who are suffering or by those suffering people in an effort to find comfort through the pain. (I'm guilty of quoting this as well). But I think we must pay close attention to the end of the verse, "of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." In order to see the good in ALL things, we have to realize that God is in charge and is there to help us through whatever bad situation has been handed to us. No matter how painful, crappy, ugly, or messy the situation is, God will never leave us and is there to comfort us if we just accept Him and let Him love us.

I'm sure many of you know this by now, but Laynie's daddy and I are no longer together. I won't dive into too many details but I want you to know that we are still friends and I am so grateful that God chose him to be my angel's daddy.  People often ask me how I can handle losing him after I've already lost Laynie and I always reply the same way..."My strength comes from the Lord." It's the absolute truth. If I tried to live my life on my own, I think I'd be a crying mess that has trouble getting out of bed every morning.

The truth is, because of all the pain I've endured over the last five years, God has been able to work in my heart and change me for the better. I've learned what it means to submit to the Lord.  That word, submit, seems kinda scary, like we will be giving up control or something. Here's the deal though, friends, we have to remember that we don't have control anyway! We just think we do!

Submission instead, means acceptance of what could happen to you and realization that God CAN and WILL carry you through it if you let Him.  God's peace is so real and so overwhelming, sometimes I wish I could take people's shoulders and shake them and help them realize that the worry, agony, pain, anger of this world and our worldly circumstances can all be GONE if we ask the Lord to help us and we seek Him daily.  Peace comes from him as you spend time in the Word or in prayer.  Submitting to the Lord's will in your life isn't hard when you spend time with Him and accept His love and mercy. He never leaves us, just as the song says. He is right there, always, with us.  We just don't always spend time with Him or open our hearts to Him to recognize it. When we do, we can realize like Romans 8:28 says, "in ALL things, God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

So how do we do the next part? "Live according to His purpose" That's what Philippians 2:13 helps us understand..."For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose."  By spending time with the Lord, that sense of acceptance and submission surfaces. When our hearts are open to the Lord, He will lead us and give us the strength and direction He wants for our lives.  Our job is to listen and to follow through with our convictions.  God can use our stories of pain, and trial, and anger, and hurt, to help others in similar situations begin to feel His love and to understand His peace and strength.  But only if we are willing to be vulnerable and let Him work through us, through our pain and hurt.

So there you have it. In practicing what I preach, I've bared my heart to all 4000 of Laynie's Facebook fans because God told me it was time.  Whatever situation you are facing tonight, please know that you are NOT ALONE. God will never leave you or forsake you. He has been with you during the entire situation and can give you comfort beyond understanding if you open your heart to Him. All you have to do is talk to Him. Read His Word. Listen to Christian music. He will speak to you and give you peace if you seek Him. He will. Trust me. I've been there.

Thank you for loving our baby. Thank you for your continued prayers.

God is good. ALL the time.
Lacey


Be blessed, I know I am..........  Lolly

No comments:

Post a Comment