Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, December 17, 2012

Baby steps

Met with the counseling service today, that will place the lovelies with their specific counselor.  The kids were acting a bit skittish, so she asked me to sit in with them.

What transpired in that hour, continues to show me that God is forever and always faithful.

As the counselor asked them about their hopes for the future, they both said,  "We are good to stay here, until our mom and dad get better."

THAT IS HUGE.

This from the angry girl that couldn't WAIT TO GET away from the MANSION.

Most of the time I think everything I'm saying is just going into thin air, but boy, did she surprise me today.

"What makes you happy?" asked to my Lovely.

:"Well.....(she draws it out as she ponders)..... I think I need to do a good job in school and be a good girl and learn lots of things so I can help other people, too".

Well, slap my face and call me Rudolph.

The counselor continued, "What about when you go home, would you be happy?"...to which my dancing queen answered, "My mom needs to learn to take care of herself, that not my job, I be happy all by myself  And I'm pretty sure Lolly will let us stay here."

Well praise be to the highest heavens, one of the tweens in the house actually heard me talking.

Sigh.

It's absolutely amazing the change and the difference in my lovely.  The angry, defiant, looking for all the worst in the people, now smiles and tries to please. She still has zero filter, and pretty much anything in the brain comes out her mouth, but then again, she's kind of like me in that regard.   I'm hoping that whatever happens going forward, is that they stay with me long enough, to instill enough coping/life skills in their little minds that can sustain them through anything life throws at them.

And He is so amazingly faithful that I believe that is EXACTLY what is going to happen.




No comments:

Post a Comment