Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Favor

Favor has rained down on this family without stopping for several days now.

It has reduced me to tears so many times I can't even begin to count.

I want to start first back a couple of weeks ago.  You all know Hallie is in club volleyball and it costs about the price of a mortgage for her to be in it.

We sent out contribution letters and I'm happy to say we got enough to help support her through two months.  It's so great.... Thanks to Aunt Nancy, Nina & Ron, Barbara, Clara, and Holley & Gale for helping me out with that.   It just started the giving cycle in unbelievable ways.

I really hope I don't forget anyone.  I want to publicly thank these people.....

Ashlee Terry
Shelley Anderson Terry
Sheree Cordray
Laura White Cuellar
Ashley & John Willeford
Rick & Teresa Favors
Beverly Cope and her awesome children Amanda Blackwood, Liz Bowman and Josh Cope
Shelley & Kelsey Wall
Dinae Ferguson
Mary Zuech
Lanie Badger
Janice Giordano
Eileen Carrol
Darlene Berkovsky

I'm here to tell you... those people I listed, made me cry over and over this week.  We are so blessed, and in favor, I can't even begin to tell you.   I have almost hyperventilated at times, looking at the wonderful things you have blessed this family with.

Tonight, Lacey's lifegroup came over and we had a surprise Christmas gathering for the youngsters.  It was ....well.....I'm still speechless...

Abbey & Roger Bombach, Matt & Jessica Fay, Kayla and Josh Brannon and Kellie & Austin Greenhaw, rained so much love and awesome gifts on these kids.

I think there wasn't one person in the room not touched when Lovely opened her Ipod.  She has asked and asked and ASKED me about one, and I knew there was no way in the world of america,  I would be able to pull that off, and Abbey and Roger had an extra one, so they passed it down to Lovely.  She fell in the floor screaming  (reminiscent of the twilight calendar the other night) and just was so overwhelmed, she started to cry.  Which started me to crying, and then pretty much everyone else in the room.  It was so REAL, so completely sincere, and so very very precious.

Friends, this is what CHRISTMAS is about.  The true, REAL response of excitement and joy on the faces of precious little ones that have never experienced anything like it in the world.  Big Sis was totally included and got a new coat, and she couldn't even express herself eloquently she was so overwhelmed (I feel so RICH).  LB got some Beyblades (Which I think all the guys liked waaaayyyyy too much) and this hot wheels track that is now hanging on the wall in a bedroom, I believe, and there was joy and singing and laughing and food and excitement and KIDS and noise and most of all, there was LOVE.

These kids felt LOVE in a way, I do believe, they have never felt before.

LB can't get close enough to me this evening, and he and Lovely keep telling me over and over....."I just can't believe it."

Neither can I, Kids,  Neither can I.

Big sis summed it up perfectly...  "There is so much love in this house, it fill everyone's heart.  You have good friends".

I do.  I really, truly do.   Even though Shelley Wall totally told her I only had four at church today and she believed her.  "You only have 4 friend?"

Yeah, and are they magnificent.

Merry Christmas.  I wish I could share pictures because I can't explain what I witnessed today.

I just got my good night text from big sis and it said  "Good night, mama.  I sure love you all".

I sure love you too, Kiddo.


No comments:

Post a Comment