Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Snips and snails and puppy dog tails

This sickness stuff wears me out.

All the kleenex blowing, and coughing and complaining. 

And that's just me. 

LB got some body spray (Axe, "Ripped Abs") from Christmas from my niece, Lindsay, and he decided that he needed to spray MOST of the bottle on him yesterday.

I am still gasping for air, in this house.  I think if he had put a tiny bit on, it would have been decent.  But it's permeating every single fiber in this house, and I'm thinking it's forever in my nose.  I can't quit sneezing.

I feel so bad for him.  He was DYING to talk to his mom this evening, so I had him call her, and after a cursory 10 seconds for him, she asked for Lovely.  It broke LB's heart.  and mine. 

For.the.love.

This little boy is so starved for boy time.  If there are men friends out there that read this....I need someone to adopt him and do men things with him.   I had a boy babysitter come over here, and that was closest to heaven on earth he's been.   Kip's beau, Brandon, was only here a couple of hours, and he made such an impression, if LB hears ANYTHING about California, he assumes that Brandon is in on it.  For example, at the election results night, when we were waiting on California's results, he commented, "I bet Brandon took all his friends and voted for O'Romney", and today during the Tournament of Roses parade, "Lolly, where this parade happening?"  to my absentminded,  "Uhm, California?"....to which I hear him comment,  "I bet Brandon's there."

Makes my heart hurt.   Maybe I should do Big Brothers/Big Sisters?  And just get a Big Brother?  This is when I wished I had a guy friend.  I mean I have guy friends, but you know what I mean.    I got the girl thing down pat, but this boy stuff, is over my head.

My respite provider, Cheri, is gearing up for getting her fosters and she is thinking she is going to get 4 boys (AT ONCE)  brothers??....  all I know is PRAY for her, because WOW, 4 at once, for the first time will be a major trial by fire.  I like boys, they are easy, and you just buy jeans and tshirts and get their hair cut a lot, and keep guns with nerf bullets and hot wheels around, and for the most part they are good to go.

I'm figuring it out, but I sure would love some guys to hang out with my guy. 

Anybody got ideas, I'm all ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment