Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, January 7, 2013

Turn your frown Upsidedown

I've been down all day.

I woke up feeling down, and haven't been able to shake it all day.

Lacey sent me a facebook comment from my "other" daughter Amanda Ray (Melba Pulliam's kid) and that cheered me up considerably.

I'm just missing my friends.

That's all.

I probably didn't think the whole "Facebook fast" through very well.  It's one thing to deprive yourself of food, but an ENTIRELY different thing altogether to remove yourself from  your social life.

And I have entertaining things to say, for.the.love.

It's really the hardest thing I've ever done.  It's like trying to stop smoking, I'm thinking, except there is no patch or pill to get you through.

So I blog.  And I read my bible, and I pray.  And I tell myself that 2 weeks from tomorrow, I am plugged back into the world.

I'm sad, because I need to talk about Laynie's blood drive in memory of her birthday.  January 21st at the Midwest City Community Church of the Nazarene on 15th & Post (in their gym), we will be having our memorial blood drive.

Lacey's afraid we won't have 20 people show.   I have faith that "If we have it, They will come".  Laynie's shirts are just about ready to show (Team HOPE 2013), and order, and we are pumped about them.  The run is on March 23 in El Reno, and everyone that has participated in it, knows just how much fun and how great it is.  I'm even going to attempt the 5k this year (Says the chick that is still nursing sore muscles from climbing stairs at the gym watching Hallie this weekend) (Sad.but.true.)

I don't have my normal readership going on, because Lacey is kind enough to post, but if people aren't our mutual friends, and don't actually click on my page, they aren't seeing my blog, so I'm down a bunch on people reading.

Seems I'm not THAT famous.

But don't tell that little VIetnamese boy that lives with me.   He really thinks we are.  He got a tooth pulled today, and is still in major shock over the whole "numbing" experience.  I'm just hoping it wakes up sometime this week.  He is now so excited that the tooth fairy is going to come.  (Oh I hope she stays awake, she's an old sucker)

But this evening, I feel better.  I'm still overwhelmed, stressed to my teeth, so much on my plate, so many balls in the air, it feels over the top out of control.

But there I stand, juggling the plates, praying for a miracle.

That's just the way I roll.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Laura I love reading your blog! I am so excited to say that I will be coming to the blood drive...it will be the first time I am allowed to give blood since going to Africa!!! So keep the blogs rolling and I will most certainly keep reading. I know you have my mom in on the reading now too, we love your family and praying for you :)

    See ya Sunday!
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,

    What time is the blood drive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is from 3-7 pm
      https://ww2.yourbloodinstitute.org/donor/schedules/drive_schedule/133037

      Delete
  3. Hi Laura! I go to MWC Community Church! We have announced it to our congregation, and I'm sure Pastor Nate will use Facebook to get the word out as well! Sadly, I cannot donate due to scheduling issues, but I sure wish I could (my husband was able to donate at the first one you all held at our church)! And thanks for blogging about your foster parent journey as it has inspired me to seriously consider being a foster parent myself someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! Oklahoma NEEDS good foster homes! It's well worthy too! Watching these kids blossom over things we takeforgranted with our own kids is a real eye opener. Thanks for considering, just take the next step. You could even start small as a respite provider (keeping them in weekends only) to help foster parents and get kids out of shelter. That's a great place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would it break your fast to have Lacey post on your FB page about the blood drive?

    ReplyDelete