Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Productive Coughs and Pushing Kids

I have to tell you.  I haven't been really "SICK" in a few years.  Since I've gotten the snotty, sickoid Lovelies, I have been sick TWICE in 5 weeks.

That ain't good odds.

I started couighing Sunday, and then by Monday evening, it was a full out cough a lung up for no particular reason.

I don't have insurance until March, so I'm just going to have to suck it up.  I finally knew I was SICK last night at Hallie's volleyball practice.  The chills and aches started, and when I coughed I found myself drooling like a baby, and peeing my pants uncontrollably.  (How am I STILL SINGLE?)

So, it was just glorious.  I was like, "What is HAPPENING?"

I came in from the practice (after driving from North OKC, still don't know how I got home), and told the lovelies....FIND YOUR BED, and crawled into my bed.

I knew my facebook fast was coming to an end, and I tried to think of funny facebook statuses as I lay, drooling, coughing and peeing.

Couldn't come up with anything.

I did text my funeral home people this morning and told them I wouldn't be in because I thought I was going to DIE, and I wanted them to know that my prearrangements are still at Bill Eisenhour Funeral Home NW.  However, I only want Free Jordan to embalm me, cause ain't NOBODY going to see me Nekkid.  Oh, No.  In fact, embalm me in my jammies.  I insist.

(Too many friends in the funeral business to be all immodest now).

I mean, I Felt BAD.

I still do, though I have drank through at least a GALLON of tea today (in keeping with the "hydrated" beyond belief) theme, that everyone with the flu encourages you to do.

I was happy to get back on facebook, and being home today, I lay in bed with my laptop and stalked EVERYONE to get caught up.  Between naps and coughing.  For.the.everloving.love.

I got an email from LB's teacher about noon, and in his exuberance to be "Funny" he knocked a kid out of his chair.

Neat.

I assured her, I was beyond certain he had no malice intended, that he was a bit of a "swan", like the rest of us, and I was SURE he was sorry.

She concurred, and said, "He is the sweetest little boy".

Why Yes.  Yes he is.

Now if I can just keep them away from this cough and crud and Hallie too.  Her volleyball tournaments start in two weeks, and I am pumped and ready.  (Maybe, but surely by then, I will be over the drool stage)

Prayers for recovery and keeping my mom and family well and away from this (Yes, my momma made me chicken and dumplings.  Oh Heck Yes.)

And a miracle to occur, because when I don't work, I don't make money, and if I think about it, I might freak out.

Get well.  Get well.  Get well.

No comments:

Post a Comment