Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

All About Lovin a Baby

January is the worst and the best  month.

It's the worst, because I miss Laynie with an intensity that is hard to explain.

It's the best, because we have our memorial blood drive, and I am reminded how incredible our lives are and how blessed we are in the friend department.

I've been no help this year, due to my facebook fast, and Lacey did an incredible job with everyone, getting them there.  We had a steady stream of people from 3:00 on.

It. Was. Wonderful.

No one had to wait for more than 5 minutes, and if they did, they were entertained by Lovely.


"Welcome to the B-L-O-O-D (spelling) drive.  We are SO GLAD you are here to give B-L-O-O-D". 

Somewhere on the drive over, she decided she was going to be our Welcome Wagon lady.

And she met everyone at the door, with a big smile and a hand shake.  It was pretty funny.

It was even more funny, that all my friends kind of stared at her, as I introduced her, no one knew her name, and when it finally occurred to me that NO ONE knows her name, I started introducing her as "Lovely", and the lightbulbs came on.   "OH!!!  (followed immediately by.)  "DUH".    It was great.


This was the invite on Facebook.  Who can resist that???  Sweet little baby.

We had a great time. People came in steady, and the wait was never long, and we donated the
amount we needed to have a "successful" blood drive.  I really Really REALLY love our friends.

Here's a really bad video I threw together of the pictures (no music) of our fun afternoon.  And I mean BAD, and THREW.  Don't judge, my talent lies in other things, like eating cheetos, and coughing.

  



 



Thanks for loving our baby, and saving lives by the gift of blood donation.  

1 comment:

  1. Great video and great cause! I wish I could have been there to donate too. It makes me sad that I never got to know your sweet Laynie but just reading her story is Ah-Mazing!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete