Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Life Boat

Lacey sent me a rally text this morning.

Then she must have said something on Facebook about me being down, because my phone just exploded.

Mercy, I have incredible friends.

She encouraged me to listen to KLOVE at my desk (Done that for months), to keep Youversion app close on my phone (Check), and to stay immersed in prayer (done).  I'm doing the dang thing, as hard as I can, yet here comes the Devil.

He is seriously ticked that I am fasting, and holding true to my intimacy with God. 

He is showing up in form of depression, and accidents, and work stress, and petty crappy things that normally just roll off my back.

I LOATHE the enemy.

He is always there to poke poke poke at the fabric of your life to get you to focus off of God.

He has showed up in the form of accidents in LB's little life.  He had a tough weekend at respite.  He is 100% boy, and had another little boy there, and he busted his chin, banged his knee, and then we had that tooth pulled Monday, and on the heels of that, yesterday at after school care, he faceplanted on his cheek and I'm not convinced it's not broken.  It's swollen and bruised and he doesn't even look like himself today, he is so swollen and blue.  I'm not sure what they can do for a broken cheek except kiss it, so I gave him ibuprofen and sent him off to school.

Lovely has been such a joy, and even she is having issues.  Super duper home sick, and even though she doesn't want to go home, she LONGS for home.  It's so hard.  We are super fun and ridiculously loud, and keep them tremendously safe (except for hourly accidents), yet they LONG for home.  I think it's like anything, it's not the reality they are wanting, it's the dream of what they want.  They both are totally fine staying with me until they age out (and that may happen), but they LONG for their home.

I get that.  And it tears me up.  No matter how many shoes we buy, or games we play, I can't be that real mom for them.  Now, don't get me wrong, they love me, but I'm just a stand in for the real thing. 

And Hallie.  Dealing with 14 year old hormones, and normal teenage stuff, and then the enemy swarming her, because he likes that.....  Whoa.

DEVIL, Get BEHIND ME and MY FAMILY.

GET THE HELL BEHIND ME.

You WILL not destroy my bliss.  You WILL NOT take my joy.  YOU WILL NOT, CAN NOT STOP MY quest for God's will in my life.

So GO back to Hell, there is NO ROOM FOR YOU HERE.

A-stinking-men.

For one thing, my friends are better than your friends and they will kick your sorry satan tail.  True story.

Love you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment