Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sunshine and Exercise

We took advantage of the beautiful day today.  Lovely and LB wore out their new bicycles and scooters, and I managed to clean and organize the garage.

No small feat.

I still have WAY too much stuff in my garage, but at least now, I can see the walls, and the floor is clean.  I'm still wanting toys for the kids visitation rooms at DHS, so anyone wanting to donate, get them to me.

Hallie has had a rough weekend, and the lovelies were in overdrive trying to keep her cheerful.  They went for a long bike ride, and I have to tell you, I am chuckling over Miss Lovely this evening.

She's my soul mate on not liking exercise, and we studiously avoid it at all costs.  So, today, with exercise thrown in, disguised as "fun" with the siblings, she got a CUP full.

She is limping around, holding her butt this evening, and it's funny, and very sad, because of the intense workout happening in the garage for me... I, too, am bemoaning the same fate.

We are pathetic.

Hallie just shakes her head and mutters, "Losers".

Yep.  We are proud.

LB lost another tooth this evening.  Gram had to do the "tie a string" to it, and boom, out it came.   He is a toothless wonder.  But oh so proud.

Lovely just looks at him and says,  "You no eat meat for awhile.  You look weird".  Bahaha.

Did I tell you she finally spent time in the principal's office this past week?  You know I predicted it.  Well, oh, yeah...it happened.   She spends WAY too much quality time with some other boys in special ed, and they find great pleasure in picking on her.  I have to tell you, though, this girl isn't going down without a fight.  And she let them have it, and ended up just as in trouble as they were.

Without telling her, I did appeal her verdict of ASD, and told them that I didn't think she needed to be punished for STANDING UP FOR HERSELF.  And that if I had a smelly shoe stuck in my face, I'd do more than yell at a boy.  Thankfully, they took my comments to heart, and she ended up picking up lunch trays and helping the lunch lady, and got switched out of the Three Stooges classes.   She is so funny, and still so scared I am going to send her packing.

These kids are pushing me outside of my comfort zone on the whole "Hugging" thing.  They like to hug.  All the time.  A Lot.  More than a Little.  Like every minute.

I've talked about this before, that I had to make a pact with Hallie to remind me to hug her at least twice a day.   Which is sad, because affection should be spontaneous.

Oh, Not for me.  And these two kids.  Working me outside of my comfort zone, into a different person.

So, everyone may go on and on about how "Great" it is what I'm doing.....but what the secret is,  "What I am learning, and what it's making me become and grow into".

It's all about the journey.  And limping around with sore butts.

What a great life.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I was reading this and thinking "she's a hugger," you always hug me. Then I realized (and someone had pointed it out to me in our life group) that I am the hugger! Thanks for indulging me all these years! lol Love AND hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this totally posted on the wrong one!! I am proud that you can see your garage floor!! Really proud! I live that these guys are opening you to new possibilities. Love you!

    ReplyDelete