Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dearest Darling Angel ....

'lil punkin seed....Five years ago on January 16, 2008 we were given the most incredible gift from God himself, in the form of the very precious, tiny you.


You surprised everyone, I think.. except me.  

 I knew you were going to be something special.  I never once doubted it for a second.

For you see.... you were my very first grandchild.

And I knew you were going to be one of a kind.


Laynie Hope, you taught me so much.  Though you never spoke a word, your life, your heart, your tenacious determination to live and be happy, showed me the way that God intended for me to live.  

Pure.


Unconditional.


Selfless.


Fearless.


Full of Joy.


You slowed us down,in our whirl of life, and taught us the important things.  

Sweet girl, there isn't a day that goes by I don't miss you.  I miss your noises, your laughter bubbling over, your joy taking a bath, your thrill for cream of wheat and yogurt.  I miss the times I rocked you and played the piano for you, and sang with you.   I miss just watching you sleep, and listening to your little purring noises you made when you did.   I miss watching your mommy love you.  She was perfection at loving you, sweet girl.  

Precious gem, you taught me to see Jesus in everything.  You reduced my life to a simple task of simply following Him, and living for Him.  

You did that.  You changed your Lolly's life, by showing me Jesus.  

And though my heart misses you every.single.day......

I would NOT change a thing.

Sweet smidge, I will see you again... we will laugh and sing and love and be together, and it will not be a minute too soon, and I don't fear dying at all, because when I breathe my final breath on this earth, I will be reunited once again with you.  And I wait for that day... not with fear or sadness, but with joy and hope....

Because of you, my precious baby girl.... I remember, on your second birthday, you were so excited, and knew that day was ALL about you.  I carry that memory deep in my heart... along with so many others.


You are with me, my angel, in my heart, every second of every minute of every day. 

You. Are. With. Me.  







1 comment:

  1. Well, Sister, as always, that. was. A. Maz. Ing! Love the video. Sure miss that sweet baby girl. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete