She's just deliciousness in a diaper!!! Don't you just want to kiss those little lucious lips?? Oh Aunt Lolly does!
She joins these two comrades in arms....
her big sisters. They know what's up, now.
So happy that MALEAH RYAN LEWIS showed up at 3:02, weighing in at a whopping 7 lbs 13 oz.
Lindsay kept me up to speed via text the whole time, as I hacked my lungs up in the privacy of my own home.
I got a LOT of good advice from a LOT of different people.
Here's the advice I took:
1. Stop taking the suppressant and switch to an expectorant. WOW, was that a game changer. All the sudden I have loosey goosey unhurting lungs.
2. Try 1 tablespoon of local honey mixed with 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon. DOUBLE WOW. It was amazing. Not to mention so TASTY, I wanted to have this strange and gooey combination every hour or so. My productive cough almost within an hour, turned into a nice, dry hacking cough. That continues to dry up.
3. Take a drying agent like Sudafed, or Zyrtec. BINGO, worked like a charm.
The advice I didn't take:
1. Drink whiskey.
2. Wear poise pads for pee problems.
3. Smoking dope might not help, but it will make everything way funnier.
See the friends I have? All such wonderful people.
Lovely is getting baptized this Sunday. She is SO pumped it is a bit over the top. EVERYONE in the lobby at church on Sunday was told. EVERYONE at her school has been told. EVERYONE in Walmart, including our cashier, has been told. EVERYONE.
Brandon is coming to see Kip, and when Lovely heard the news, she KNEW it was only to see her get baptized. Never mind that whole Girlfriend/Boyfriend thing. It's all ABOUT HER.
Her counselor brought her a cross necklace today, with a Rose of Sharon on it. I told her it was perfect, because a ROSE isn't just an ordinary flower. A ROSE is a thing of beauty, a thing of purity, a work of perfection, just like her. I told her that her life would NEVER be the same, simply because GOD will never leave her side, ever. Even in her most scared, sad moments...she is NEVER alone.
She took that in, and looked at me and said, "I already feel that. He is RIGHT here with me".
My cup runneth over.
This morning, LB got himself up, dressed himself, got himself breakfast (I know you SICK, Lolly, I'm your helper), and was thinking about a lunch for the field trip, when I grabbed a plain brown bag out of the drawer, wrote his name on the sack with a Sharpie, and helped him pack it in the sack.
He just stared at it for the longest time, and I was a bit confused. "What's up, doc?" I asked him, wondering what was going on in that 100 mile an hour brain.
":No one ever write my name on a sack. It's ALL mine".
OH. My. Heart.
The things I take for granted that are NO big deal. Such a BIG deal to little ones that have never had love and care.
The counselor declares me a blend of "Fun and Balance". I don't know about the Balance, but Fun, oh yeah.
The best part... in showing them the new baby's picture....they declared, "She in OUR family now? She's ours???"
Yep, buddies. OUR family.
A perfect blend of fun and balance.