Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Reflections

One year ago today, I was having to come to the realization that Laynie's life was coming to an end.  That was something I didn't want to face.  Period.   Only through our friends and loved ones prayers did I find peace through that time.  Lacey was amazing.  Brad was amazing.  

It's very painful to think about it this week.  Usually I am fine, and have no problem thinking about it, because I look at the big picture and stand in awe of God's supreme and marvelous plan.  Today, I feel the pain. 



The day of her last transfusion, which was one year ago today... She looked me straight in the face and told me how much she loved me through that little face that was uniquely her.  You can tell in this picture that she loved me, and that she would see me again. 

So, I don't have any witty fun blogs to post this week.  There is so much going on.. with that terrible outcome of the trial of that mother that killed her baby.  It's incomprehensible to me that stuff like that happens.  We would have given anything to have the gift of a healthy baby, and that mother squandered her child's life.  It's incomprehensible.  All I can do is pray and believe that God will be the judge and jury, and that little girl is in a far better place.  She has the cutest playmate in the land up there with her, and I look forward to the day I can see them both in heaven.

God is good, all the time.... even in the sad times...he is there. 

Mom snapped this picture the Thursday before we lost her on Saturday.
She loved her Lolly to play and sing for her.  She usually sang along. 
God is good..  all the time. 

1 comment:

  1. Tears. Love your transparency. Abigail had her calendar out today telling Ashby all about her friend, Laynie. She changed our lives and I'm so thankful her story lives on through your sharing. What a world changer she is! Sending a big hug your way. Lifting you all up in prayer tonight. Love you, Lolly!

    ReplyDelete