Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day Twelve....Church friends and Laynie lovers

When I started keeping babies at the Edmond campus, there was one little girl that just made my heart pound.  She was such a dandy, and I thought she was the cutest thing that ever hit the planet.... her name is Preslee.



She belongs to Jerad and Ashlee and they are just such a beautiful couple, you can't help but stare at them.  They have a son too, and wow.   Talk about "The beautiful family".  



Now, to make things even more fun, Ashlee belongs to Peggy, who is one of my favorite people at Lifechurch.  She knew Lacey long before  me, and Lacey knew we'd be great friends once we ever met, so when we did.... hello.   Peggy would be the one that would drag food to the family up in the hospital, and hold Laynie while we ate, and Laynie loved her as much as she did me, I'm pretty sure. 

This is a fun picture, it looks like Peggy has on a floating hat. 

The Smith's came in full force to Laynie's first blood drive in Norman.   Peggy's husband, Joe, (who rates pretty high on the Deaton charts himself) couldn't give blood due to health issues, so he ran herd on Preslee, while all the rest of the family, gave blood.

She 100% dug the knit caps OBI gave out.

THEY were my heroes.  Peggy's soon to be daughter in law, Lauren, had to be poked TWICE to get her blood started.  I'm sorry, but if you can't get me going in one poke, that's your bad.  I'm going to be peace out, before you have a chance to poke that bad boy in my other arm.... BUT no, brave girl, took it in both arms. 



Ashlee did fine while she was giving blood, but as soon as she hit the chairs, she had to "hit the floor", literally.  (that's where all the fainters go, I should know as this is my standard place).   I am such a fainter that it is my job to watch the finished donors and look for familiar signs.  Ashlee was hitting on all 4 cylinders in the "She's probably gonna go", so to the floor she went.




Feelin woozy, those are my legs, along with the camera to take pics so I can put them on my blog and show all my friends. 
  Her brother is such a sweet guy, he decided she didn't need to be laying down there by herself, and dove down with her. 


See, what a good brother. 

 Then of course, Preslee couldn't stand it, and had to jump in the fun too. 



I don't know why we are laying on the floor, but it sure looks fun.

I love this family.  They have been a constant source of prayer and love for us, ever since the very beginning of Laynie's life.  I'm proud to know them and consider them some of my dearest friends.




At the Midwest City blood drive,  Lauren and Ashlee came and donated again, and I'm happy to report that Ashlee was floor-free.
  

Ok, comments.   Ashlee commented on my Comment Experiment ...   "I'm Hungry".

Hello.  That is my constant statement all day, everyday. 



Peggy said on her comment.... "Tonight's the Night"
 Hmm. 


It was a Thursday.  What can superbly happen on a Thursday?? 

Then I remembered.  Homage to "Saved by the Bell.".


But knowing Peggy, (or myself), I think she missed it by one night (or two) and meant  "Tuesday nights the night"


Here's my shameless plug for Neil Caffrey.  Plus another Saved by the Bell character, too. 


But knowing Peggy like I do... she probably meant this...


because if there is ANYONE more gaga over babies than me,  It's her.




This family was all about  "Lovin' a baby, and saving some lives".   Thank you Smith family!   xoxoxo

1 comment: