Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Understanding

I am always moved to tears anytime the worship team sings something and shows Jesus dying on the cross.

It moves me.  It overwhelms me, how He did that for me.  He took shame and beatings and nails in his precious hands and feet.  And did it all for me.

Today as I was discussing Easter with my lovelies in the car, wanting them to understand the enormity of this day... (Big Sis spent the weekend too), she summed it up beautifully,  "There is nothing in the world I shouldn't do for God". 

It's as hard, and simple as that. 

There is nothing in the world I shouldn't do for God.

As I sat and watched the lovelies interact with their bio parents today, and felt that old bitterness creep over my soul, I closed my eyes and prayed over the father of this family.  I prayed boldly that he changes.  Jesus brought Lazarus back from the dead.  Laynie lived 30 months.  Jeff Buchanan died and was sitting on the pew at church 3 weeks later.  God can change things. 

So I have to believe He can change this man.  And my heart changed toward the dad today, as I watched him awkwardly interact with his children, and I prayed a bold, significant prayer of healing on his life. 

God can change him.

Lacey was so beautiful our first Easter without Laynie.  She said so simply,  "I know firsthand the pain of the loss of your child.  And God sent his son KNOWINGLY to die for us.  There is truly NO GREATER LOVE than that."

So simple, and so hard. 

Please let the reality of the cross change you.  Please let God's sacrifice mean something in your life.  For me it means children in every square inch of my house.  And writing about it, and showing that it isn't rocket science to foster, it's God's love shining through your life to others. 

Let the reality of the cross change you.

It just has to.

2 comments:

  1. this is awesome, Laura. Thank you!! and Amen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Yes, bawling. Wow. That Big Sis gets that is freaking awesome! Wow. You are so right. God can do anything. He is mighty to save! I believe He will change their dad. I believe dad will see the changes in his children and want to be better because of the light they radiate. Wow. Wow. Wow.

    ReplyDelete