Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Firsts

BB wasn't thrilled to go to bed last night.  I went in and laid the law down, and next thing I knew he was flip flopping on the bed like a possessed fish, and when I re-tucked him, and told him it was time to go to sleep, no more messing around, I saw him fly Buzz Lightyear over his head a few times, then finally at 11 pm, he was sawing some logs.

Success.

We packed his little back pack, and talked up "school" to him, and even though he struggled walking with me in, and resisted and pulled, I got down to eye level and told him that I was coming back to get him as soon as I was done with work, and we would have spaghetti (his favorite) for supper.

Success.

He didn't have one second of trouble.  He ate like a moose, he played like a champ, and even made a couple of friends.  He didn't take a nap, so between staying up flopping like a fish, and getting up extra early, then no nap, followed by eating 3 helpings of spaghetti, by 6:10, he was toast.

Washed his face, threw on his pajamas, and off his tired, cranky butt went to bed.  He squalled like a stuck pig for about 10 minutes, and now he is snoring so loud, we had to turn up the tv.

Success.

After watching the makeovers on Biggest Loser, and seeing some of the preteens that are on there, losing weight getting makeovers, and one of the girls that is Lovely's size, got the cutest little dress and jean skirt, worn with her converse.  I asked Lovely if she would ever wear anything like that, and she was like,  "Well, duh, of course I would, even though I no EVER wear a dress, EVER".

Hmmm.

I have a little girl that has hidden in a boy identity for her whole life.    She is finally embracing her inner female, and is excited about a dress.

I found one at Tarjay today, and the cutest short jean jacket on the planet, and made a quick purchase.  She came walking out of the bathroom, and I swear to you, I teared up.   This old hardened bird, all sappy over my mean little "hagatha" dressed in her cute dress and jean jacket, so thrilled with how she looks.  WHAT a miracle.  What a blessing.  How sweet it is.

Success.

First school days.  First back packs.  First dresses.  Firsts.   Things we all take for granted.  So blessed and humbled to experience these small things in big ways and find out what really, really matters.  



1 comment:

  1. Pretty cool. Soooo glad to hear everyone had a good day. You. Are. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete