Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Go Big or Go Home

You know.  I'm a bit of an overachiever.

I don't like to do anything halfway.

Change jobs?  Sure.

Foster?  Sure.

College?  Sure.

Club Volleyball?  Sure.

Speak about Laynie?  Sure.

Date?    Wait....

Ok.  So maybe I do some things half way.\

But today, I got the call that we will be having the three year old boy child come and live with us.

We are doing an out of town tournament this weekend (imagine that), so we won't get his happy little countenance until I am home and ready to roll on Monday..... but

BB IS COMING.

Right now I am vacillating between thrills and hyperventilation.  What the HECK HAVE I DONE? then, OH MY GOSH, I CAN DO THIS.   then  "WHAT THE HECK HAVE I DONE?"  quickly followed by  "OH MY GOSH I CAN DO THIS"

Not too far off from how I felt when my mom moved next door.  (Lacey told me she felt the EXACT same way when she moved next door to me, so it's a definite MOM/Daughter thing).

Anyhow..... BB IS COMING.

I will have a quasi potty trained,  somewhat verbal (every 20th word I get), THREE year old.  Ok, I'm getting back to hyperventilating.

Just a minute, I have to put my head between my knees.

.....................

OMG............

........................

Ok, I'm fine. 

I Can Do All Things Through Christ who Gives ME Strength.

It's all good.  It's all good.  It's all good.

What have I done?

Sorry to draw you in to my bipolarity.

That's my word for bipolarness and hilarity.  Welcome to my world.

GO BIG OR GO HOME.

We watched Emporer's New Groove the other day when we were waiting for court, and my favorite part, when they are tied together and heading for the cliff...   "tell me, 40 foot drop, straight down, sharp rocks on the bottom, no chance to make it through?"   "Yes"   "Bring it on". 

 
BRING IT ON.






No comments:

Post a Comment