Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Safe havens and cool hats

After the sad scene of dropping Baby Brother last weekend, I had not only decided that he needed to live with us, but, that until he came to stay with us forever, I wouldn't put any of us through that again.

Until his foster mom called on Friday and told me she had "Plans" and needed me to keep him.

Well, Forever more, and crying in a bucket.

I had a houseful of new fun boy toys, and a closet full of clothes.

Bring it.

He was so thrilled to be here.  He played Chef boy R dee with his new grill and carried his Buzz Lightyear around all evening.

Every outfit I put on him.....he STRUTTED.  I'm not kidding.  The kid can strut.

We had a couple of hats given to us, and he rocked those hats.  Wouldn't take them off, I had to force them off to sleep.  He would have LIVED in the hats.

Everything has been just fine and dandy and BIO mom called today demanding a visit.  So, because I am her "Beck and Call" girl, I dropped everything and took them over to see their parents.

I have to count to 10 and sing worship songs in my head the ENTIRE time to keep from junkpunching that bio dad.

Really Christian of me, isn't it??

I busily played 4 pics 1 word on my phone and ignored all the people around me (including the kids).  I apologized to the caseworker after, telling her I was a rude whanker to those bio parents, and she said,  "Oh no, you stayed to yourself to keep from interfering with the visit, and it still amazes me how even with the bio parents there and you studiously ignoring them, all three of the kids would gravitate to you, touch you for reassurance, and visit with parentals, then gravitate back to you.  You're their safe haven."

I like that.

The only reason I am someone else's safe haven, is because I found my safe haven in Jesus Christ.  God has given me the patience, the perserverance, the unending love that defies logic (for these kids), and an overabundance of loving friends that reach out and humble me with their constant flow of love and gifts.

Even today, I was humbled by blessings.  While BB gave it an all college try to throw a fit and get out of staying in his room at church, he finally realized that it might be the second best place on earth and was happily pushing a doll buggy around with trucks in it, when I picked him up.  Two different friends humbled me with gifts today (and couldn't be timed better).  Another friend (I call mom) blessed us with donating to Hallie's volleyball fund (Couldn't be better timing).

God's blessings and constant love from all sides gives me more strength than ever to get BB here.

When we left the bio visit today, BB didn't even spare a backwards glance to his parents.  He skipped to the car, chattering like a magpie.  Then we had to drop him back to his foster parents, and the drama started.  He went CRAZY.  I have never seen anything like it.  (except when I took Kip's paci when she was 2, that was a close 2nd).   I had to just get in my car and drive away.

Pray, friends.  Pray for Baby Brother to get approved tomorrow to stay here with us.  Pray for the bio parents to PULL their ... (Ok, never mind)  Pray for the Bio parents.  They need so many.

Just like God never gave up on me,  I'll never give up.


No comments:

Post a Comment