Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Thursday, March 28, 2013

What A Week....

What an emotional week.

I mean FOR REALS.

Saturday was a roller coaster of emotions with the TEAM HOPE run.  Cold, rainy, good amount of people, but no really good picture of the whole crew, because the weather was so poopy that everyone rolled out of their cars at the last minute, so I don't have a great team picture like we have in the past.



But lots of Laynie love.

Then I stood at the water stop with the lovelies, my cousin Shannon and friends, Stephanie, Gina and Jacque, and my bubba, and proceeded to hand out water to the running brave.

Well I say I handed out water..  No one wanted water from me, they wanted water from the short little smiling water boy.


He was adorable.  But I was in a mixture of sadness and elation at the run, because I missed Austin, I missed Laynie, and I was anticipating Kip leaving, and I was just a big ole ball of sadness..pretty much all day.

In addition to the run, Hallie took on a volleyball tournament and played for about 8 hours after she finished running 3.1 miles as fast as she could.

They took 2nd..  it was fantabulous.  I was a hoarse mess after being out in the freezing rain, then yelling my brains out.  It's embarrassing for everyone.  I am a loud, obnoxious yeller.  it's so true.



My girls were there with me for a minute, so we got to take a picture representing TEAM HOPE at the volleyball tournament.


That was Saturday.  Sunday was church and it was so fantastic going to church with my girls and Mike, Shannon and Megan.   I held Kip hands and kept hugging her, and cherished every second I stood with her, knowing that she wouldn't be sharing church service with me anymore.  Then I shook off the stupid sadness, and told my cousin, Shannon, that I was a big fat idiot, because she was only moving.  Shannon reminded me that she would rather have Austin in California than in heaven, and that her grandbaby was going to be stinking born in Okinawa, Japan, so I didn't have problems.   Isn't it great to have someone that loves you, put your stupidity into perspective?

So Hallie and I are already planning our road trip.

Speaking of road trips, let me tell you how I know Kip is supposed to be going to California.   If you know anything about Kip, you'll know that she inherited my 2003 Toyota Solara when we sold her worn out Jeep Cherokee in college.  It did it's job, and carried her to and fro from college to work, to home to various road trips, etc.  When she announced she was moving to California and was taking old Solly with her, to say I was worried would be understating it COMPLETELY.  I knew there was NO way that old car would make it.  Yes, it had a new battery, and tires, and a full tank of gas, and a fresh oil change, but it also had over 200,000 well earned miles.  So after she filled the gas tank up AND packed every single belonging into the car, she was driving up Broadway Ex, when the transmission blew out.  I mean BLEW OUT.  Kaput....history.   Enter Lacey.  Unload all of the belongings, calm down her frantic sister, and make Plan B. I knew at this point that God's hand was all in it, and if she was not meant to go, nothing would work out from that point on.   Every stinking thing worked out from that point on.  Rental car worked out fantastic, able to leave earlier,  great mileage.    Guess what?  Kip is leaving.  And Lacey is heading out on the roadtrip of her life.  

When planning Kip made a 16 hour day for them the first day.  Lacey gulped and said, "Hey now, I haven't travelled the whole world on horseback like you have.... 16 hours??"  Adventurous Kip assured her they could do it, and by golly they did.  They are into day 3 now and having the time of their lives.  And I haven't worried one second, cause their guardian angels are all over it.  

Tuesday I spoke about Laynie to a group of wonderful ladies (several I knew) in Shawnee at Wesley UMC.  It was so much fun, and I just absolutely love speaking about that little miracle.  Any nerves I have, just flow out the window after I start, because I love so much to tell her story.

I was glad I had walked through it again, the weekend before, because I am here to tell you, I sobbed in the telling of it, because I can't begin to tell you how hard it is sometimes, to relive her last days.  God had us wrapped in such supernatural peace that I am continually overwhelmed how calm and accepting we were.  Even though I did tear up in the telling on Tuesday, I held it together, and was blessed to be able to share it with some sisters in Christ.  

Have I told you that my BIG FAT HAIRY GOAL is to tour with Woman of Faith and tell her story all over the country?  

It's true.  

That's what I would love more than love to do.  Of course, I'd have to take my lovlies.  And Hallie, and my mom.  And probably my dog Arlie.  

That's what I call an entourage. 

This is way too long, but that's what happens when I don't blog for a few days.  There is way too much to tell.

God is good people, and He continues to bless and bless this family.  Thank you for continued prayers for the girls safe travels.... 

1 comment:

  1. I just like this a whole bunch. I want you to come to Texas and tell Laynie's story. I am working on it happening. So, when God wants it to happen you will have a free weekend and gas in your tank and you will know that you're supposed to go south, old girl! Like all our body parts! lmbo! Love you!

    ReplyDelete