Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, March 11, 2013

Dear Baby Brother,

We are so excited for you to come and live with us.  I have had extreme exhilaration and then a near panic attack all day.  It took my friend from work, Donna, and me, BOTH, to figure out your car seat and install it correctly.

As I watched your solemn little face driving home from the drop off with you current foster mom and dad, I wanted to reassure you constantly that you were here to stay.   You didn't hear or understand me, and sighed and sighed, all the way, like you had the biggest problem on your mind.

As I drove by your daycare, and showed you where you were going to go to "School" and you informed me, "I don't go to school" with clear and concise English, I smiled inside.  Then when you saw your brother, and your face lit up like a Christmas tree, and you asked for "Sister?", I knew all was well.

I want you to feel unconditional love, and I want you to feel free to learn in a safe, and warm, and loving environment.  I want you to be a 3 year old, and not the wise old eyes that look so solemnly at me, when you are in a new place.  I want you to be a kid.  I want you to mess up and learn that bad acts aren't treated with violence, but with a loving and gentle guidance, and that there is a different road for you now.  You are going to be well loved here, little one, and I fear, when your time is done here, and you are going back to your home, this lolly's heart will never be the same.

I want you to learn, like your brother and sister are already witnessing and being part of, a big Christian filled home, that loves and is loud and obnoxious, and has each other's backs no matter what, and that GOD has your plan, whatever that may be.

But mainly I want you to be happy and feel safe and well loved for the first time in your young little life.

That is my prayer for you.

Love to you, and your brother and sister.....

Lolly

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Wow. Wow. You have so many gifts. I am excited for your journey. I have all you guys in my prayers. Love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete