Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Friday, March 15, 2013

Devil Get Behind Thee

Well this has been a weird, crap factory kind of week.

The only good thing the whole week was getting BB here.  He has been a delight and a joy, and other than NEVER EVER shutting his mouth and not talking (except at volleyball practice, where he had a major meltdown) he talks like a chattering magpie non stop.

Wednesday was pretty low key, no new drama, or anything out of the ordinary, and then THURSDAY happened.  I like Thursdays as a general rule.  Next to last day of the work week, I normally have a load of appointments on Thursday, so I like 'em.

Except this past one.

Everyone woke up weird.  LB forgot his glasses going to school, Lovely wanted to wear her new dress, with WINTER BOOTS, and it all went downhill from there.

BB threw a fit at daycare, then I had to go write an imminent funeral (which means someone is dying in the very near future), and I dislike those intensely, because I just am an awkward social backward mess, trying to be mature and calm and not just bawl like a baby, because I know EXACTLY what they are going through....

Plus, all I could remember about this family was their address.  At least my pea sized brain had retained that much (since I couldn't find the note I wrote the appointment on).  So I was already off my game when i got there, because I went in not knowing their names.

Daughter was a doll, and immediately bonded with me, and mom was running in and out, caring for dad who was in a hospital bed in the front room.  Broke my heart.

Ended up not only writing the dying sweet dad, but the mom, the daughter and the daughter's son, who has cystic fibrosis.  Well I say I wrote them..... I was clicking right along, 2 hours in  (TWO HOURS IN) and after taking TWO HOURS worth of information from them, my computer decided to shut off.  Just turn the program off.  Just off.   Poof.  Like That.   Gone without a goodbye kiss.

I was mortified.

They kept assuring me I was "wonderful", and all I could do was think that surely I would get out of their house without my skirt falling off around my ankles.  (You all have heard that story).

I made an appointment with them for Saturday (after I have time to try to rebuild their vast information) and got in my car and started to back up in the driveway.  Don't even ASK ME why I backed up, as I had an ENTIRE circle drive at my disposal right IN MY LINE of stinking vision.  BOOM.   Sccccratch....CREAK.. Took out a pole.  I hope they still have electricity.

Oh my cow of america.  Are you kidding me??

Several other things had transpired that morning that don't bear repeating, but let's just say, I got my butt handed to me, every time I turned around.

I screamed in my car,  " YOU WILL NOT  STEAL MY JOY"

Then I ran my hose, (YES I STILL FREAK WEAR THEM) and blew out two light fixtures, and broke my back door knob, before I went to bed.  It was a terrific day.

Then today my friend from my bank that I used to work at, called me and told me that the Secret Service had contacted her that they had arrested a dude in Norman with my bank account number.

Swell.

Now I get to move all my accounts to a new account and change my deposits and all that fun stuff.

Groovy.

I kept waiting for my funeral directors heads to spin off their bodies, and my friend, Bruce, summed it up beautifully.... "It's been kind of like trying to get a drink out of fire hose" kind of day.

A-stinking-men.

BUT.....

 BB looked at all his friends at daycare yesterday, and said, in clear precise English  "This is Lolly,  She's my friend".

So, all that other stuff?

Phssshh.

Don't sweat the small stuff.....and really, it's all small stuff.

I'm just glad the week is over.  For reals.


1 comment:

  1. You totally make me laugh. I love you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete