Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, February 25, 2013

Court and Staircases

First of all.   Where is the freakin' snow?  Everyone RUSHING me today to GET YO' KIDS, GET YO' WIFE, GET YO' SELF INSIDE, and then ppppfffffttttttt..... Nothing.

Now, yes, if I lived in Clinton or Weatherford or Vici or Guymon, I'd be whining like a stuck pig.  But I'm in Norman, with all of Norman shut down from 2:30  on, and REALLY?  

Remember in the good old days, when we just let it snow?  And no one freaked out?  And no one got excited and cancelled everything in the town before it even got here? No one preempts your favorite shows to talk about the snow that ISN"T EVEN HERE????    I miss those days.

Anyway.....

Went to court today with the lovelies.  They were ready to testify against their parents.  Which is HUGE.  Dad had denied any wrongdoing at the first hearing, and insisted on a bench trial.  (What a whanker).  Last time through this process, the CASA and DHS dropped the ball, and dad, doing nothing, got them back eventually.  And nothing changed for those kids.  Mom lied, kids lied, dad walked free.

But today, after dad trying all his old tricks, and just about to make me burst my gizzard, the judge called him on his crap.  And finally, for the first time in his life, he took responsibility for his actions.  He was ordered to 52 weeks of rehab and anger management.  We'll see.  And mom has to go to classes too.  I hope they are for idiots that won't leave their crap husbands.  

I'm sorry.  Just yesterday I heard Pastor Craig talking about forgiveness and not to carry anger.  

Well.  OK.  

I'm going to try.

We celebrated with McDonalds, after I had to explain to Lovely that she didn't have to go home for quite a while (It took her a minute for it to soak in).  "My daddy say this before, and not mean it" was her plaintive wail.  

But this time kiddo, you got US in your corner.

BB is through the first level of approval for placement.  We will get to level 2 & 3 tomorrow, and then should sail on from there.  

That's incredible news.  

All of that good news, then my graceful swan self, was going UP the stairs at work, when I turned around to get something I had forgotten downstairs, and turned the corner of the stairs, and my foot slipped off the step and there was no recovering from that.  I was pitching forward and sideways, and my hand grazed the wood railing on the way down, grabbing it, but then my temple and side of face stopped my fall by whamming the banister.  

It was one of my most graceful moments.  It surpassed my skirt falling off, my skirt being stapled, my fall down the stairs at the cemetery, running into the wall on the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and my fall while I was mowing with my out of control, self propelled lawnmower,  but not as intense as the fall in the pool at Cancun.  

So, yes.....  I am a swan.  A graceful swan.

Now I'm sitting here, with every joint in my body aching,   Yep, I'm a keeper. 

We. Kicked. This. Day. In the FACE.

Looking forward to 52 more weeks of fostering bliss.  

God is Good.


No comments:

Post a Comment