Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Public Speaking

Have I shared with you guys that I am going to be speaking at Wesley United Methodist Church in Shawnee, on March 26th?  There is a ladies event that evening and I will get to share our story of Laynie.

I AM PUMPED.  And you are ALL invited.

There is nothing I like better than to share that story with a whole room full of mommies and grandmas.  It's going to be especially awesome because it will be directly the Tuesday after we do the TEAM HOPE run in El Reno on March 23.

That's a WHOLE lot of HOPE.

What's amazing to me, as I watch my last speech and prepare my words, it's so humbling to see the "Full Circle" that our family has come.


And it all traces back to Laynie.  

She changed all our lives.  For the better.  And as much as I love to blog about it, I love telling it even more.  

So, I'm PUMPED.  I'm hoping that we have a packed house, because last time I gave this testimony, there was nary a dry eye, and I got 250 hugs.  

Yep, I loved them.  Even though I'm not a hugger.  

It humbled me, and never ceases to put me in awe, of the impact that tiny baby is still having.  It's because her mommy and I will never stop sharing her story, and our friends will never stop sharing her story, and because of her precious little life, I believe there will be more people in heaven.  

That gives me peace and happiness.

Today, as I helped a 87 year young man plan his funeral, he pulled out a picture when he was about 21 years old.  He said to me,  "I would LOVE to feel that young again".  And I smiled at him, and I said,  "You will.  When you get to heaven, you are going to be in that body."  He really didn't know what to say.  I told him, "You think heaven is full mainly of old folks??  I don't think so.  I think all your wordly pains and problems are taken away, and you are made new in your best body you had on earth".  He smiled and didn't say anything.  Sometimes I say more than I should, but I love God.  And I want everyone to have the same peace I have.  I showed them a picture of Laynie, and I asked him to look for her, and give her a squeeze.  


God gave me a message, and it's my job to be bold and share it.  I wrote the book, and I'm really glad that I waited a while, because I am being led to really re-write it and bring it around full circle.  Though I'm pretty sure that circle is non-ending.  It's just an all-encompassing sweep of God's love that never ends.  

And for that, I am eternally grateful.

God is Good, All the time.  


\

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful. I would LOVE to come hear you share with Brit....we shall see!! Heaven IS so wonderful...no eye has seen or ear has heard of the wonders God has in store. We are dead here compared to the life yet ahead!!

    ReplyDelete