Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Big Brothers and Small Worlds

So, you all know that I've been wanting to get LB a big brother.  I had a couple of friends send me suggestions, and tonight, a very brave and adorable sophomore in college landed in my front room.

LB went NUTS.

I hope our big brother comes back.

This little boy has had so few positive male role models that he, just honestly, has no idea how to act.  It's exhausting and hilarious.

I hope that our big brother just thinks it's hilarious.

And not so exhausting.

We found out 2 very cool things about our big brother tonight.

1-  he is next door neighbors (at his parents house) with Rumble (or rather the man inside rumble)

and

2-  upon meeting Lacey, he kept saying, "You look like someone I know", and then I thought a minute, and knowing his love for helping others, I asked him, "Did you participate in the dance marathon?" to which he replied, "I sure did, I was on Exec committee last year"....and Lacey told him,  "I'm Laynie's mom", and his face fell off and rolled across the room.

I love it when that happens.

I love that students at OU know about our Laynie bug.

I love that her story, and her mom's love for her, rings through to soooo, sooo many people.

That's a small world, yo.

Upon leaving the insane asylum that is my house tonight, Lacey tossed over her shoulder, "This house makes me happy".

That sums it up pretty neat-o.

This house...makes...us... happy.

And it doesn't get much better than that.


2 comments: