Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentines and happy Hearts

I don't embrace Valentines Day.  

In fact, I loathe it.

As a general rule.

But this year, with the advent of two little vietnamese lovelies, I have a different outlook.

Mainly because they have NEVER been able to participate in the holiday.   EVER.  And when I bought those dorky, little stupid valentines that come in a box, it was like I had bought them real estate.

"WE GIVE THESE TO OUR FRIENDS??  YOU DO THAT FOR US?"   

Humbling.  

Then when I went one step further and bought those ridiculous little heart boxes of Russell Stovers to give to their teachers.....Oh My Word.

Seriously, you would think I had gotten them both ipods.

Because you see, these little wonderful children LOVE more than anything to GIVE.   Precious children that have had literally nothing, and still get overwhelmed with gratitude when I get their hair cut.  

Oh.my.heart.

It occurred to me today, as I realize that their parent's court day is coming up, that they might (highly unlikely, but weirder things have happened), just might, have to go home.

Have I equipped them enough?  Are they strong enough to face those problems?  And all the selfish thoughts of my past months, slipped away, as I realized I am NOT ready for them to go home, because they still have so much to learn before they are pulled back into that life.  

All I can do is pray over them and pray for all the people involved, and that God's love shines through them for these precious little ones.  




No comments:

Post a Comment