Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, April 30, 2012

Thank you for Praying

I believe in the power of prayer.


I believe that it brings us to our knees in surrender, and that's when real change can occur.  If people say, "I don't feel God", then it's probably been a while since they've hit their knees.

I know the transformation of my own life, with prayer and studying God's word.  The shift was subtle, and before I knew it, I was changed.  It took a tiny baby to change my life in a big way.  It took seeing firsthand God's love for me through our angel baby to finally "Get" it.

Lacey & I were talking about how "Deep" we like to get.  How we "Get" it.  And I don't say that like I have more than you, neener neener neener.... I say it, because I passionately want everyone to "GET" it.  Because before I had God constantly present in my life, I was discontent, worried, frantic, always in drama, racing around trying to fill a void....a void that was SO easily filled by ONE thing.  God.

It sounds so silly.  And I know, because I was the one saying  "WHAT?"  God can't fix my broken car, God can't fix my broken washing machine, God can't get me a new job, God can't get....(Insert your problem here). I did that for YEARS.

And I bought shoes, and saw movies, and went on trips, and ran and ran, trying to fill a void, that could only be FILLED by ONE THING.  and it was God.

Now, I have a bad day, and I'll just give it up to God.  I cried pretty much all the way home today.  And I cried to my heavenly father, who held me in his arms and just let me spill it.  And then I heard, in His still small voice, that He speaks to me in..... "Child, I have this".  

And I was ok.

Prayer will do many things.  Prayer can cover the people you are praying for, prayer can fix many things, but mainly prayer changes the open, willing heart that is earnestly seeking God in prayer.  And it makes you a calmer, gentler soul.... and makes life so much easier to handle.

Prayer....it's the only way to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment