Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

I'm not a superstitious person.  I will step on cracks, walk under ladders, and run over black cats that get in my path.  It's just the way I am.

But I am a Believer.  And most of you know that. (or you better)

When I saw Kip's teammate, Jenn post about her desire for her brother in law and sister to be able to raise funds to bring home precious little Zi-Ping home, I decided I would rally her and help.  I'm cool that way.  I love a good cause, and I can't think of a better one than this.

After I watched that video that Jessica made, I wanted to quit my job and go move to China and work in that orphanage.  True story.

I'm tired of limitations.  I'm tired of thinking "I can't do that".  "I'm scared that I won't have the money, the time, the experience, the desire..."   BOTHER.

God doesn't call the equipped.  I read today that God equips the called.

And I believe that Jenn's family was CALLED to bring Zi home.  And we were here to help.

They needed $30-35,000 to complete his adoption.  They had a company pledge to match his donations dollar for dollar today.   Last I heard (and they still have about 5 hours to go) they had raised $14,986.
Does that just give you goosebumps??  I know I teared up this morning when they reached $4000.  After they reached $8000 I quit tearing up and started smiling.

By the time they hit $11000 I was doing the happy dance, and now, I'm so overwhelmed with joy, I'm singing outside in the tornados.

Because GOD CAN DO ANYTHING.  It takes BELIEF and FAITH, and HE CAN DO IT.  When it's His will and His plan and for HIS GOOD, nothing is impossible.

He proved it today.

Welcome home, my little friend.  You are already well loved by hundreds and hundreds of friends.


It's not too late to donate tonight.  There is still 4-5 hours left.  Just click on this link and go to the top DONATE and click.  It's that easy. 
 Kip wished we could all have stickers like when you vote, "I helped bring Zi home".   I don't need a sticker.. I just take delight in knowing that little smily sunshine is soon to his forever home.   

God is so good, all the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment