Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

ARTS FESTIVAL IDOL....Hallie style

Hallie's stepmom sent me a link a couple of months ago, talking about the OKC ARTS FESTIVAL Idol competition and suggested that I send in one of her performances and enter her.  I talked to Hallie, and she was like..... "Whatever".

So I did what I always do, and promptly forgot about it, until the last day.  I watched all Hal's videos of various performances and finally selected Hallie's 6th grade talent show

She was mortified.  "MOM, I wasn't even good... I'll never get picked".

WRONG.

They totally picked her.  I assumed she would play the guitar.  That's what she does.  Play the guitar.

But no, I came home from work, and she had been figuring out (On the piano, BY EAR) this song by Rob Thomas, called SOMEDAY.  I was amazed.  She's only had a couple of years of lessons, and for the most part sticks to the guitar... so, being a piano player myself, this made my heart muy happy.  "I'm doing this",she informed me.   Sweet.

Find out, if she wins the first night round, (against 7 other kids) she advances to finals on Saturday night, and will sing against the other 4 winners (each night) for the title of ARTS FESTIVAL IDOL.  Cool.

She totally won.

Lacey made this video (until 1 am, I tried to stay awake to rally her and just could not keep my old butt awake to save my life) andI think it is just fabulous....

Lacey's Video of Hallie performing with pics

When they called her name as winner, she all the sudden became (in her words) a "Dorky Robot."  On the way home she lamented, "MOOOOOMMM (which they all have to a fine art).... you coached me in EVERYTHING.  Wear the right clothes, fix your hair, sing the right song, look up when you sing, smile at the judges, look out at the audience, don't hit the wrong keys, be confident....but YOU (I love when blame is cast), DIDN't TELL ME WHAT TO DO IF I WON!"  

She's right.  Totally forgot that part.  So, she acted like a dorky robot.  LOL.  But she was a cute dorky robot.

SO, our little superstar is going to hit the stage at the ARTS FESTIVAL IDOL on Saturday night, and play the piano, and get to play her guitar too.   She's going to knock their socks off.



And we'll work on that dorky robot thing.  Just in case she wins.... 

If you happen to be in OKC Saturday night at 6:00, come join us at the LAWN STAGE in the children's area at the ARTS FESTIVAL.  (North of Crystal Bridge).  We would love to have you help cheer her on!


No comments:

Post a Comment