Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

When God gives you Signs

Last you heard, I had put one of the newbies in the truck and drove to Shawnee to retrieve a key.

I didn't know why God told me to take this particular kid.... He just did.

And these days, I'm on full alert to His voice. 

So yesterday.

I had one appointment and it was all the way in Mulhall.

The day before my kid had told me there was another sibling living in Mulhall and how they longed to see him. Hadn't seen him for years. 

So. 

Here I am sitting in this house in Mulhall  (You know what I'm about to tell you, don't you) and as I get the biographical information I get on every appointment, and the lady was a TEACHER at Mulhall. 

So. 

I casually ask her if she knows a student by that name  (First name only, wasn't sure of last name, pretty sure it was a solid shot in the dark).

Uhm, not only did she know him (he's in her class), she is friends with the aunt that adopted him.

So. 

I'm pretty sure I'm suppose to have contact with this kid.  From what I hear, he is a pretty bomb basketball player, but the aunt isn't sure how to help him with that, and well....hello....I helped my kid get into a D1 college, and Trae Young's momma is on my speed dial, and that chick knows EVERYTHING about basketball.

So.

I wind back into wondering, and am taken aback how orchestrated all this was.  If my keys hadn't gotten locked into my Tahoe, I would never have gone to Shawnee, and if God hadn't prompted me to take just one kid  (I was initially taking two of them), I would have never had that one on one time to bond enough with my kid to even KNOW there WAS a brother. 

Sometimes, God's plan OVERWHELMS me. 

I am still sitting here in goosebumps wondering what is in store for me with this little boy?

And then, today my newbies are all struggling in some aspect in school, so instead of running in and running straight for the tv, we had "mock school"  (ACK!) and did spelling words, some math and my oldest newbie drew me a picture and presented it to me, and I'm not going to lie....I shed a tear. 

It's probably all good I'm feeling so sentimental, because it looks like tomorrow will be a snow day and I'm going to have ALL THESE CHILDREN in my GRILL again.

I'll just keep re-reading this little love note and it will be all good. 




All in All....a stellar week.  Even in the sleet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment