Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Bubba is 60

My brother turned 60 yesterday. 

6-0. 

That's a pretty impressive number. 

I had a party, his oldest friends, some cheese dip and snackies, some strawberry cake made by his mama and seriously, fun was had. 

It was just warm enough to be outside (almost)
We tried to take a serious picture....you know one of the group...

but this group......Well.........







I don't think we ever got a good picture of anyone, Except Kevin Jacobs, who excels at looking nice at all times.  :)

If you are wondering who all those old farts are....it's Steve and Cyndi Izard Bracy (surrounding me), then Bobby Gerdes and Kevin Jacobs.

Brian and his girl that's his friend, Joann Smith are sitting down.  Due to his old age, and her boot on her foot.  :)  And because it made for better pics to have them sitting.

Steve and Cyndi came up from Gainesville... (Lake Kiowa) to be exact in her gorgeous Lexus, and zoinks, I am so glad that I told them to drive like turtles on Western (by my house) because that car...for.the.love.

This is super cute of Joann and my mama.   She is looking good in her purple, though for most of the day she wore a blanket around  (My house doesn't get super warm with doors opening and closing and children running in and out all The Live Long Day)
See her looking like an Indian Princess with her blanket on??  

And I just want to throw out here how NICE it is to have a house that can hold 20 people in my KITCHEN???? A life long dream of mine to have a house to hold PEOPLE.  So we can spread out and have fun.

Except as you can see by the picture, there was no spreading, there is gathering, in the kitchen area.  Which is still super fun too.

We sit out on the back porch and basically laughed at Brian and Bobby.  They should have their own comedy act.  They are just silly on steroids. 

 Meanwhile, while we were outside laughing at the big boys, the littles were inside enjoying cake and things. 

Lindsay's girls-  Makayla and Maleah   (12 & 5)
 Me, Tyler and Lindsay having some of that nasty cake.   Ooh ee..  So nasty.  I had two pieces. 
 And here is Lacey & Tyler and their matchmaker, Lindsay.   I'm still thankful for all that.  Remind me to tell you that story some time.  

This girl and I have been friends for so long, I can't even remember how it started.  That's how long it's been.  I just remember when I was a lowly 9th grader and she was in 10th, (before driving and having us all at the new high school) We would RUN from MidHigh down town to Benton's Cafe and because we were solid regulars, the waitress would see us hit the front door and by the time we hit our favorite table in the back, she would have our basket of french fries and a DP waiting at the table.  We would woof that down in about 5 minutes, pay our $.98 and race out the door and be back to school in 35 minutes.  I wish I still had the metabolism (and energy) to do that deal.  
We still look good though.

Across the yard, Tyler had put together the trampoline given to us by Bill Junk and the Methodist Foundation and he and Deaton were having a big ole time on it.  



 SO MUCH FUN!

We had some cake, couldn't light the candles because I had no fire in my house (I am DHS approved and accidentally threw out all my matches....LOL)


But my #1 brother is 60 years old.  It is not lost on me that we lost our dad 24 days after he turned 60 years old.  He spent his 60th birthday in the hospital, the doctors doing everything they could to figure out why he was so sick.  So all day, that ran through my head.  How lucky we are that we have such amazing health and an 80 year old mom to make us fabulous strawberry cake, (and by golly, pack up the last 3 pieces and take them home with her!!!!)

God is certainly good, and here's to 30 more birthdays Bubba.   Let's celebrate them all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment